Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 03:38 PM

135 posts, read 707,633 times

Advertisements

deleted by mistake.

Last edited by Mattie Jo; 08-10-2007 at 09:47 AM.. Reason: deleted
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2007, 03:50 PM

1,213 posts, read 3,608,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carebear1970 View Post
Again..I said I was DONE arguing with you...post that....but one thing..why and when were you in Oakland..what a Sunday drive after leaving the lake?? Now you want a real argument go do it with someone else if I'm such an idiot
Was at Deep Creek Lake for a week. Bored one day and we decided to take a drive into Oakland. We had heard about the town before, so took a drive there just to see what it was like. So yes it was a drive after visiting the lake. People do that you know. We used to take drives to places like Berlin and Salisbury when visiting Ocean City.

I didn't call you an idiot, but you're sure acting like one since you throw a personal insult at me, make unfounded assumptions about my past, and then just declare the argument over.

Old 08-07-2007, 03:59 PM

Yup I declared it...it's over..like i said before u have your opinion I have mine and I'm done voicing mine since I'm a dumb hillbilly who likes cornfields..and you didn't like Oakland did ya??? To country for ya??

Old 08-07-2007, 04:05 PM

62 posts, read 253,972 times
Quote:
udonkey...I prefer to be called a redneck personally..lol...
You should be aware, though, that: #1. 'rednecks' are the only safe, acceptable people left to target as scapegoats, #2. to some people anybody that: (a) lives in a rural area or small town (b)lives a lifestyle that isn't considered 'sophisticated' or 'progressive' enough and (c) disagrees with the people who think they are progressive are automatically considered rednecks.

Now that you made that statement it's open season on you as far as some people are concerned.

Old 08-07-2007, 04:12 PM

Oh well bring it on...don't care...i can use up more of my brain cells

Old 08-07-2007, 04:13 PM

1,213 posts, read 3,608,126 times
I never called you a dumb hillbilly. You're the one doing all the name calling. I did like Oakland and for your information, I like the country. I just prefer to live in the suburbs. Quit making all these assumptions about me.

I'm just kind of disappointed you decided to end the argument so soon because didn't you write this?
Quote:
I can keep typing and typing and typing..
And you never did answer my question: Isn't it slightly possible that watching wildlife all day could get as boring as visiting DC all the time? But unfortunately, the argument's over.

Old 08-07-2007, 04:16 PM

No actually it isn't....wildlife is wonderful...saw a black bear the other day...but can u see that in DC nope don't think you can..i just want to know what makes DC so wonderful where u can repeatedly keep going again and again and again..gets old real quick....just like the harbor and ocean city......redneck is done

Old 08-07-2007, 04:17 PM

oh and yeah i can keep typing and typing and typing..but u see I have a family and I do have to take care of their needs as well

Old 08-07-2007, 04:17 PM

62 posts, read 253,972 times
Quote:
Oh well bring it on...don't care...i can use up more of my brain cells
I don't think that way. I was just giving you a fair warning of what to expect. I've got nothing at all against you. I prefer the space, privacy, and sense of freedom that living in the country can bring too. You can actually be more independent living in a small place away from the crowd.

Old 08-07-2007, 04:20 PM

I know...i knew what you were saying...if i voice an opinion i don't know what I'm talking about or I'm just an ignorant hillbilly..it's ok...I luv being far away from the hussle bussle..right now I live in Frederick and I hate it...I lived here before a while ago as well before it became little Rockville so I have seen it grow to fast for nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland