Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 12:15 PM

368 posts, read 1,388,115 times

Advertisements

People do that? Regularly? I've never heard of such a thing....

Where do you live that your lawn is such a magnet?

I'm feeling pretty satisfied with my pointless white picket fince along the front line of my property now....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2011, 02:27 PM

7 posts, read 53,458 times
Yeah, they do that! Someone pulled into my driveway about 10 minutes ago and banged a u-e. No biggie, at all, they needed to turn around and thankfully didn't drive on the lawn! But yeah, they do it!

So I got some great ideas!
1. Spike Strip - Has legal issues and liability issues.
2. A canon - Has legal, ethical and liability issues.
3. Fence - Is costly and I don't really want a fence in front of my house
4. Big boulders - Where do you find boulders? I looked in my woods and there's BIG and pebbles!
5. Fishing Line - Still not sure what the goal of that is.... hmmm

Any more ideas?

Old 05-24-2011, 02:56 PM

392 posts, read 919,168 times
what about a decorative fence? It' sold for cheap at home depot and online, basically, it looks like regular fence pieces, but they are small, come with stakes. I always wondered what the use is, other than bordering your flowerbeds, but it might do the trick for you. They come in a white picket ornament as well, by the way . Sure, it won't "protect" your property, but it will sure mark your property LINE very well, and people will be far less likely to drive on your lawn.

Find Decorative Garden Fencing and other Lawn Edging at Aubuchon Hardware

(I'm in no way affiliated with Aubuchon hardware, or any hardware store / company for that matter )

Old 05-25-2011, 11:31 AM

332 posts, read 1,018,070 times
park your car in front of your lawn so they will have to hit that first, then you can sue them. Or get a lion.

Old 11-10-2011, 01:05 PM

1 posts, read 1,948 times
How did things work out?

Just had someone do the same to me here in Missouri. Put 3 weeks of full-time (weekends too) labor into redoing the yard. New grass from seed is just starting to get thick enough to look like grass. Nicest grass I've ever seen. And now I have two big ruts in it. As if the moles from next door weren't bad enough now I got morons to deal with too. Called the police and got the standard "Your tax dollars at work, nothing we can do." response. Of course he at least admitted it sucked and would look around.

Damnit if I still lived in the country, I'd grab the shotgun and have a chat with the ole boy.

Old 11-10-2011, 01:08 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,815,402 times
You can always tell if it is intentional. It's like the jerk that would key your car...envy - Your lawn must be nice and the jerks lawn must consist of some gravel in front of his trailer.

Old 11-10-2011, 01:58 PM

157 posts, read 570,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyCrash View Post
I have noticed some people place large rocks at the edge of their property near the road. Not huge boulders, but basketball sized ones.
This is the route we went, but honestly, if you think it's hte same person doing it to you purposely, I would go the nail in board/DIY Spike Strip route...

Old 02-06-2016, 05:58 PM

1 posts, read 1,066 times
ive got a similar issue, the neighbors always have people over on the weekends and it seems like this happens every time. instead of parking off the shoulder on the edge of the street they feel the need to pull into the front of my yard, which doesnt drain well especially when it rains. i shouldnt have to spend my hard earned money to fix the problem or to prevent people from driving on my lawn. so i went and talked to the neighbor and they said they would fix my yard. they worked out front for about 10 minutes and then went back inside. they barely did anything to the yard and then they had more people come over to the "party" and i guess forgot to relay the message that the neighbor does not like people driving on his lawn. i dont know what to do. ive seriously thought about walking out front and putting a few hollow points in their tires. but that wouldnt do anything but cause more problems. who do these people think they are? they dont care because its not their yard, right? any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks!

Old 02-06-2016, 06:31 PM

10,007 posts, read 15,650,939 times
Send them a bill for the repair or put up some kind of barrier.

Old 02-06-2016, 06:35 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,338,536 times
I would totally put the spike strip down.

What's their complaint gonna be? I got spiked while trying to vandalize your lawn?

Ok. Go ahead and make that argument.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts