Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 08:52 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,308,329 times

Advertisements

Hands down its Salma Hayek
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2013, 09:01 AM

6,460 posts, read 7,798,579 times
Chelsea has tons of Mexican places. I'm surprised nobody's mentioned one from there.

Old 09-09-2013, 09:18 AM

1,039 posts, read 2,654,812 times
Salma Hayek is my favorite mexican.

edited to add...dang jbub you beat me to it.

Old 09-09-2013, 01:32 PM

1,298 posts, read 1,333,893 times
Cantina la Mexicana in Somerville
Taqueria El Amigo in Waltham
Taco Loco in Somerville

Worst: Border Cafe

For higher end mexican, my favorite use to be Tu Y Yo, still very good, but The Painted Burro in Somerville is my new favorite.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:19 AM

10,750 posts, read 23,828,256 times
I have a seasoned and experienced opinion on Mexican food living here in the Southwest. My favorite Mexican in Massachusetts in Howling Wolf Taquiera in downtown Salem. They have New Mexican green and red chiles!!!! Try chile verde enchiladas, yum!

Howling Wolf Taqueria - Authentic Mexican Food in Salem, Massachusetts - The Burritos are Here! - Howling Wolf Taqueria

Old 11-12-2013, 08:31 AM

3,577 posts, read 4,511,213 times
Acapulco's anywhere

Old 11-13-2013, 07:31 AM

8,545 posts, read 14,030,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyhoss View Post
Acapulco's anywhere
Seriously? I went to the Acapulco's in Needham a month or so ago and everything about it was absolutely horrible.

My wife and I went a few times when they were down the street in Newton and loved it. A while back, they moved to where the Ground Round used to be Needham and for some reason we didn't go after they moved (ironically they were now closer yet we didn't go). We got a hankering for Mexican food when a coupon for the restaurant showed up in the mail one day to remind us of its existence and headed over there for dinner a few days later. The nachos were gross and all the toppings looked and tasted like they came out of a can including the guacamole. The fajitas were the most bland I'd ever had and again the sides like very much like they came out of a can. The restaurant itself just looked dirty. The booth they sat us in was next to a baseball size hole in the wall. The service was terrible too. The waiter looked miserable and disappeared for long stretches of time. There just was nothing to like about this place. I don't think I'll ever go back there.

On a side note, there seem to be a lot of these restaurants around the state. I wonder if they are franchises which could explain variations in quality.

Old 11-15-2013, 10:21 AM

3,577 posts, read 4,511,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
Seriously? I went to the Acapulco's in Needham a month or so ago and everything about it was absolutely horrible.

My wife and I went a few times when they were down the street in Newton and loved it. A while back, they moved to where the Ground Round used to be Needham and for some reason we didn't go after they moved (ironically they were now closer yet we didn't go). We got a hankering for Mexican food when a coupon for the restaurant showed up in the mail one day to remind us of its existence and headed over there for dinner a few days later. The nachos were gross and all the toppings looked and tasted like they came out of a can including the guacamole. The fajitas were the most bland I'd ever had and again the sides like very much like they came out of a can. The restaurant itself just looked dirty. The booth they sat us in was next to a baseball size hole in the wall. The service was terrible too. The waiter looked miserable and disappeared for long stretches of time. There just was nothing to like about this place. I don't think I'll ever go back there.

On a side note, there seem to be a lot of these restaurants around the state. I wonder if they are franchises which could explain variations in quality.
I should have qualified my statement to the one near me.

Old 11-19-2013, 01:39 AM

546 posts, read 1,377,507 times
G-Fused, you are correct on Chelsea. I ate at a mexican place there a while ago and it was awesome. Had a breakfast and later a lunch. Wish I could remember the name of it. When I do, I will re post it. The atmosphere reminded me of a place I ate in Nueva Loredo Mexico called "La Principal"

Old 11-23-2013, 05:32 PM

9 posts, read 16,032 times
Having lived 10 years in Tucson, AZ, an hour from Sonora, MX we've grown accustomed to that style of Mexican food. To date the closest we've found in the Newburyport area has been Alcapulcos over in Amesbury. Not to metion that some of the help is from Sonora. I must admit when I mentioned Alcapulcos to someone who lived in TX they were emphatically against the place. Perhaps that is the difference between Tex-Mex and Sornoran cooking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts