Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 09:03 PM

8,545 posts, read 14,033,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezy1 View Post
And don't forget if you throw on a North Face fleece and a baseball hat (esp if you hair is in a ponytail) ... then you may really be judged ... seriously?... this tread is stupid!
Glad I don't have a ponytail! I knew that male pattern baldness would come in handy at some point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2014, 09:49 PM

226 posts, read 386,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsec View Post
Make sure it's a Sox cap, not a Yankees cap!
I wear a Yankees cap because
A. It's black and matches my outfits
B. I don't care about sports

Don't care what people think. Sports rivalries make no sense to me. I've lived in both NYC and Boston and don't understand why we all can't get along

Old 03-13-2014, 06:25 AM

4,694 posts, read 3,476,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scriptkitten View Post

Don't care what people think. Sports rivalries make no sense to me. I've lived in both NYC and Boston and don't understand why we all can't get along
You wear a sports team because it matches your outfit? Oh dear! I cringe fot every legitimate female sports fan. Pink hats need not apply! :-)

Old 03-13-2014, 07:38 AM

4,848 posts, read 11,816,907 times
Quote:

Haha, I was just joking since I remember Peachto4 is moving from CT.

Old 03-13-2014, 01:41 PM

6,301 posts, read 9,649,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 495neighbor View Post
Here's my definition:

1) Not the wealthiest or most educated but like talking about all that they have
2) Prefer the cookie cutter McMansion developments
3) Drive monster sized SUVs
4) Love chain restaurants and stores over independent stores
5) Overly zealous about sports, especially their kids school sports teams
6) Preponderance of wives constantly doing distracted driving with their cell phones and tend to wear a lot of baseball hats with the ponytail pulled in the back and Northface fleece jackets

Discuss...

I forgot the prerequisite permanently attached cellphone perfect for distracted driving. Best underneath the chin with a commuter mug in the other hand.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicshark View Post
You wear a sports team because it matches your outfit? Oh dear! I cringe fot every legitimate female sports fan. Pink hats need not apply! :-)
Black matches everything! I'm a New Yorker at heart, tho I don't care about their teams either

I also have a Texas longhorns t-shirt because I like the logo.

Old 03-14-2014, 09:41 PM

675 posts, read 1,701,665 times
Quote:

Yankees caps are navy blue, not black.

Unless you're wearing the mourning cap that they wear every year - you know, when they fail to make it to the World Series

Old 03-15-2014, 07:56 AM

^^^ lol. It's black on black. Must be the mourning cap. Does that make it ok?

Also I never wear it with a ponytail... Hair is loose. And I don't drive an suv

Old 03-15-2014, 05:05 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,977,255 times
Haven't read the whole thread. Did someone say Westford?

Old 03-15-2014, 10:09 PM

2,145 posts, read 5,072,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Can't really think of a place that fits all of those requirements, not in MA. But fragments exist in some random places that come to mind: Pembroke, Marshfield, Duxbury, Norwell, Medfield, Easton, Natick, Westborough, Hopkinton, Franklin, Wrentham, Norfolk, Sudbury, Westford, Chelmsford. The "cookie cutter McMansion developments" rules out many of the wealthiest places like Wellesley, Newton, and Westwood that I think of when hearing "keeping up with the Jones".

But that sounds like more of a Long Island stereotype, or an Orange County (or perhaps somewhere in TX)...
Boy, times have changed. When I grew up in Franklin, it was tiny. We moved there when it had 1 stop light and 4k people-most of whom were related to one another. In high school, most of the kids were Italian and distantly related-lol. There was even a street line painted the colors of the Italian flag instead of yellow, in one small section of town. I know it's very different today-it's just fascinating to see it categorized in this way. Also, I currently live in so cal and I happened to see this list while researching something...and I thought the same thing: Where in MA is THIS? Sounds like So CAL to me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts