Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2014, 08:28 AM

26,655 posts, read 28,682,916 times

Advertisements

That IS funny. As if he deserves an anthem. He has been elevated to God-like or saint-like level, a little over the top. But I'm glad he won and the good seems to have won out over the bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2014, 08:42 AM

3,577 posts, read 4,510,119 times
He was not blameless.

Old 08-29-2014, 08:57 AM

4,694 posts, read 3,473,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyhoss View Post
He was not blameless.
I don't get how people just skip over this. Try, I dare you, to get any Arthur T. supporter to just acknowledge the court judgements against him, not his father. He, personally, helped his father defraud his widowed aunt. His lawyer in the case his cousins brought against him was disbarred for paying a stripper to lie on the stand. That same disbarred lawyer is still on his payroll as a paid consultant. There is more but I think that about sums him up. That court case is why the other half of the family had 50.5 per cent of the company. It was court awarded. I think the cult of MB just might be worshipping a false God.

Old 08-29-2014, 09:02 AM

5,037 posts, read 6,923,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
mass governor got involved with negotiations a week or two ago (duval)

this is a case study for the ages.... there is such a thing as loyalty, also, there are many chapters to this that will never be written

to see all these folks hugging one another as they came back to work, you cant buy that sentiment, the little guys won a battle for a big guy

one of the largest employee revolts I've ever seen and they weren't unionized.....whats that tell you??
in fact, during the first protests, the ufcw union was out there, and they were told to "back off"
Duval is the name of many things, but our Governor is Deval.

Old 08-29-2014, 09:13 AM

7,925 posts, read 7,814,489 times
"We were talking about how you spewed nonsense about the Sarbanes Oxley Act despite not knowing what you were talking about. For the rest of it, we've already expressed the context of our disagreement fully. There's no sense in going through it again, just to see if you're able to overcome your lack of knowledge about the matter on this second try.

The fact of the matter is that CEOs are responsible to the shareholders - period - even though we don't like it. And the shareholders have a voice just about as loud as the number of shares they hold - period - even though we don't like it. Even though it ruins your narrative."

I agree that CEO's are responsible to shareholders. The Co- CEO's that were put in failed in their responsibility to provide profits. They get into a position and sales drop 90-95%. How are they not responsible?

"Relative success. I wasn't making a value-judgement. I was relaying to you the reality of the situation, being someone who lived through it all and actually knows about what you're lamely attempting to talk about. This is my career - what I do for a living and have done for a living very successfully for decades. "

Lived though it all? Huh? I haven't any idea what you do for a living but if it involves message board posts all day long how can you honestly be busy ?

I don't like it. The fact that I don't like it doesn't matter. And the fact that you don't like it doesn't matter either.

"Have you been living under your parents' bedroom for the past 20 years? Are we really reduced down to this level in this discussion? Face it: You want things to match your starry-eyed idealistic view. They don't. Get over it."

Starry eyed? The company could have easily fired everyone that went out on strike. There was no collective bargaining agreement protecting their at will employment status. I worked in areas where people tried to organize and it was shut down or some cheap bribe was given and work was outsourced to other offices and thus closed it down due to having "no work". Customers are stakeholders and so are employees.

I told you over a month ago simple game theory meant they would have to sell to T. You can call it a mob all you want but you cannot break logical thought.

Next thing you'll tell us is that crowdfunding or sourcing does work or open source doesn't work. The 1990's ended awhile ago.

Old 08-29-2014, 09:34 AM

10,023 posts, read 15,665,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicshark View Post
I don't get how people just skip over this. Try, I dare you, to get any Arthur T. supporter to just acknowledge the court judgements against him, not his father. He, personally, helped his father defraud his widowed aunt. His lawyer in the case his cousins brought against him was disbarred for paying a stripper to lie on the stand. That same disbarred lawyer is still on his payroll as a paid consultant. There is more but I think that about sums him up. That court case is why the other half of the family had 50.5 per cent of the company. It was court awarded. I think the cult of MB just might be worshipping a false God.
There were actually 2 lawyers who were disbarred as a result of the court case. And Artie T punched Artie S.

I doubt many of the employees or customers know much about the detail of the court case or the origin of the family dispute. Most likely they wouldn't understand it or wouldn't care.

Supposedly, there is a separate lawsuit involving the real estate side deals made by Artie T with relatives of his wife involving the land where some of the stores are situated. I wonder if or when that will proceed.

Old 08-29-2014, 09:41 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
What a f*cked up family does to each other doesn't concern me one little bit. How a boss treats their lowest level employees does.

Old 08-29-2014, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
What a f*cked up family does to each other doesn't concern me one little bit. How a boss treats their lowest level employees does.
Well see even that is smoke and mirrors. Cashiers and baggers make a higher starting pay at both Hannaford and Stop and Shop.

And I am sorry but I do find it morally reprehensible. If you can f- over your own widowed auntie whose to say he won't do it to his employees?

Old 08-29-2014, 09:53 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicshark View Post
Well see even that is smoke and mirrors. Cashiers and baggers make a higher starting pay at both Hannaford and Stop and Shop.

Doesn't mean they're treated better. Some of the employers I've had that paid me the most were the worst.

Old 08-29-2014, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Doesn't mean they're treated better. Some of the employers I've had that paid me the most were the worst.
But you just don't know. I am going to guess every store it will depend on your immediate boss. This just makes my point that it comes across as MB supporters have a cult like following. All roads will lead to MB being the best at everything regardless of where that road might really lead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts