Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What's your fave chain coffee?
DUNKIN DONUTS 19 45.24%
HONEY DEW 2 4.76%
COSI 1 2.38%
STARBUCKS 20 47.62%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2016, 07:25 AM

404 posts, read 526,525 times

Advertisements

Again, I wouldn't be attacking DD if a large coffee was $1. Like i said, quick bad cheap coffee has a time & place in the world. But to charge $2.40 ??????????? For this boiled river silt? Ugggh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2016, 07:57 AM

4,848 posts, read 11,812,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by traffic_lover View Post
Again, I wouldn't be attacking DD if a large coffee was $1. Like i said, quick bad cheap coffee has a time & place in the world. But to charge $2.40 ??????????? For this boiled river silt? Ugggh
There's a reason why Dunkin doesn't do well outside of this immediate area. Bostonians are a very loyal bunch.

Old 01-21-2016, 11:29 AM

1,298 posts, read 1,332,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
It's still going to be a coffee shop. Apparently Barismo a coffee roaster based in Arlington bought the shop from Lucy who will be staying on as an "artist in residence."

Barismo taking over Voltage Coffee, Kendall Square meeting spot | BetaBoston

Lucy worked really hard to take her business from more of a catering model to a B&M shop. It's a shame she couldn't make it work.

Barismo has moved their roasting operations to Somerville, their new base. Arlington will still be a coffee shop for now.

Voltage was bought out by Barismo. They were the best coffee in the city IMO with their pour-overs, with Diesel/Bloc11/Forge a close second. Barismo is pioneering this amazing new cold brew approach to coffee.
What Is Hot Draft Coffee: Barismo Coffee Roasters, Somerville | BostInno

Chocolate Croissants - Quebrada used to have that title until Forge (Somerville again of course) came along. Their plain ones are also the only croissants in New England that taste like the ones in France.

It's all about the 'Ville these days!

Old 01-21-2016, 12:31 PM

417 posts, read 734,380 times
I love DD! I prefer it over starbucks and it doesn't taste like boiled river silt to me. or maybe I need to head down to the river more often bc I would enjoy it. Starbuck's coffee very often tastes burnt to me, but I wouldn't turn a cup down either.

I do think 2.40 is steep but I pay it, so it must not be steep enough.

Old 01-21-2016, 12:31 PM

1,069 posts, read 746,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsec View Post
There's a reason why Dunkin doesn't do well outside of this immediate area. Bostonians are a very loyal bunch.
I think that may depend on the location. I'm a Mainer in Exile and I frequent a Dunkin Donuts in Germantown, Tennessee that's often quite busy. Part of the reason for that may be the presence of comfortable chairs and a circular gas fireplace but they sell a lot of coffee and donuts at this particular location. While not the best coffee on the market I do enjoy their dark roast particularly on a "chilly" Tennessee morning.

Irish

Old 01-21-2016, 12:38 PM

15,796 posts, read 20,504,199 times
Quote:

When I've traveled or business, first thing I do upon landing and getting the rental car is pull up the app and see where the nearest Dunks was.

Even when I head to the vineyard, my last stop before getting on the ferry is an Extra Large at that gas station in Wood's Hole. Also the first stop when I come back.

Old 01-21-2016, 12:44 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
When I've traveled or business, first thing I do upon landing and getting the rental car is pull up the app and see where the nearest Dunks was.

There was one in the Lima Peru airport of all places.

Old 01-21-2016, 02:27 PM

4,848 posts, read 11,812,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringMom3 View Post
I love DD! I prefer it over starbucks and it doesn't taste like boiled river silt to me. or maybe I need to head down to the river more often bc I would enjoy it. Starbuck's coffee very often tastes burnt to me, but I wouldn't turn a cup down either.

I do think 2.40 is steep but I pay it, so it must not be steep enough.
If you added the amount of cream and sugar to your Starbucks coffee as the cashier does to your Dunkin coffee it will taste the same. You'd have to fill 1/4 of the cup with cream and add 10 packs of sugar. Next time you get a Dunkin to go, pour it into a clear glass. It will gross you out.

Old 01-21-2016, 05:52 PM

643 posts, read 1,037,922 times
No love for Darwin's? Also good: Red Eye Roasters in Hingham; Ride Studio Cafe in Lexington;

DD is pretty awful. The last road trip I had McD's was also awful, which was surprising as my prior memory was it being passable.

Old 01-21-2016, 05:54 PM

404 posts, read 526,525 times
Quote:
Next time you get a Dunkin to go, pour it into a clear glass. It will gross you out.
Oh great point!! I can't believe I forgot to say:

When I add skim milk to DD it turns a greenish tint. Like bad-tasting hot ganges river sewer run-off.
Hahaha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts