Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2016, 09:16 AM

1,949 posts, read 4,422,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Really, so the armed occupation of Malheur National Wildlife Refuge was done by liberals?
That was done by idiots, political affiliation wasn't a factor.

Quote:
Yes, liberals are accepting of others, BUT that does not mean one needs to be accepting of intolerance. Being intolerant of bigotry is NOT intolerance, it is actually promoting acceptance.
Ahhhhh, I get it. Like how I'm probably a bigot because I think a man should go to the bathroom in the mens room right?

Or tolerant like Liberals are tolerant of freedom of speech when It goes against the hand holding cry room mentality being pushed today? Fire bombing? When people vote for somebody else so their dragged from their cars in the streets and beaten? I get it now

Pretty sure nobody from the Right or even the FAR Right did anything like that in 2008 and 2012 but what do I know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2016, 09:26 AM

15,798 posts, read 20,504,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
Right, but even with a prescription, if you work for a family owned business who objects to birth control (even for health reasons) due to their "religious beliefs", be prepared to shell it out of pocket. Ever hear of Hobby Lobby? It's happening, just not here in MA. The Supreme Court says it's legal it's also why I don't shop there. I think that's what they were talking about when they said the US was a little backwards.

I'm conflicted on this one. I'm an atheist, so anyone who bases personal, company, or moral decisions on a religious book gets an eyeroll from me. So I personally feel Hobby Lobby is in the wrong on this one.

However, it is their company and they are free to operate it by whatever beliefs they choose. I also respect it is their right to believe in such things as my POV could be completely off for all I know.

So, even though I think their view is wrong, I support the supreme courts decision. If you don't agree...don't work or shop there.

It's like the whole Kapernick kneeling thing. I think it's wrong, but at the same time don't agree with the calls to take action on him, or force everyone to stand. I dislike the "ban something I don't like" mentality.

Old 11-24-2016, 09:41 AM

26,654 posts, read 28,682,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
As compared to MA, or the entire US in general?

MA gun permit process isn't exactly a cake-walk either depending on what town you are in.
I don't know what the procedure is in MA. Certainly the procedure in England for gun ownership is much more difficult than in the gun toting states over here. My husband did have a gun permit in England but he said it was really difficult to get. They check your background really carefully. Shootings are rare in England; they usually kill people with knives! It was not that long ago that the police over there didn't even carry guns.

Old 11-24-2016, 02:50 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snatale1 View Post
That was done by idiots, political affiliation wasn't a factor.
Yeah it was. A huge factor.

Quote:
Ahhhhh, I get it. Like how I'm probably a bigot because I think a man should go to the bathroom in the mens room right?
No one has ever said that a man shouldn't go to the bathroom in the mens room. I've never heard of any such thing. People have been saying a man SHOULD be allowed to go the bathroom in the mensroom though, and a bunch of people have fought it. LAck of education is to blame though, lots of people don't know the difference between gender, and biological sex. They need to be educated.

Quote:
Or tolerant like Liberals are tolerant of freedom of speech when It goes against the hand holding cry room mentality being pushed today?
What the heck are you talking about?

Quote:
Fire bombing? When people vote for somebody else so their dragged from their cars in the streets and beaten? I get it now

Pretty sure nobody from the Right or even the FAR Right did anything like that in 2008 and 2012 but what do I know.

Oh sure they did. Plenty of progressives were attacked. And very few right wingers have been attacked. There have been many fake meme's promoted by fake alt right "news" sources though. Trump supporter beaten... fake fake and more fakes...

Old 11-24-2016, 06:05 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,813,014 times
^All I'll say is I will agree to disagree. You will never, ever convince me to change positions and am sure I (or snatale1) will never convince you to change yours!

Old 11-24-2016, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins_Fan View Post
^All I'll say is I will agree to disagree. You will never, ever convince me to change positions and am sure I (or snatale1) will never convince you to change yours!

Change what position? Gender and biological sex are not synonymous, that isn't a "position", that is a difference in definitions.

And trans individuals have been using the bathrooms appropriate to their gender far far longer than I've been alive. That too, is not a position, but a fact.

But perhaps you're referring to a different point?

Old 11-25-2016, 07:22 PM

23,565 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Motion to close thread.

Old 11-25-2016, 08:28 PM

1,679 posts, read 3,017,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Really, so the armed occupation of Malheur National Wildlife Refuge was done by liberals?

Yes, liberals are accepting of others, BUT that does not mean one needs to be accepting of intolerance. Being intolerant of bigotry is NOT intolerance, it is actually promoting acceptance.
What intolerance are you talking about?

People have freedom, I suggest you get over it and stop looking for excuses to implement your liberal police state.

Old 11-26-2016, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hartford_renter View Post
What intolerance are you talking about?

People have freedom, I suggest you get over it and stop looking for excuses to implement your liberal police state.

That freedom includes our right to speak out against sexists, misogynists, homophobes, xenophobes, transphobes, and racists.

I suggest you get over hiding behind "freedom" to justify such actions. People are free to be horrible people, that doesn't mean the rest of us have to ignore it.

Old 11-26-2016, 05:23 AM

4,422 posts, read 6,259,038 times
OP: I hope we have helped you in some capacity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts