Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 01:22 PM

2,440 posts, read 4,835,893 times

Advertisements

None of 'em have a walkable, built-up central area like Red Bank-- if that matters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2017, 01:56 PM

636 posts, read 705,688 times
Yes for Norton. It appears Norton's Powers that Be are attempting to secure the town's small town charms and not turn into another traffic choking suburb. Example would be new industry to the town. New industry to Norton seems to be zoned to the outer perimeter of the town.

Old 05-16-2017, 02:11 PM

23,540 posts, read 18,687,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
Well, I guess I have the opposite view of you folks because I don't have the same high regard as you for Norton. The schools there are not nearly as good as the towns first mentioned by the OP. I would search more in those and maybe include North Attleborough, Franklin and Norfolk.
It sounds like the OP can't find the desired home for that price in any of those towns. But Norton is totally fine. Yes, those towns should be considered as well. North Attleborough has had school funding issues lately, not sure how bad it has really hurt the classroom though.

Old 03-22-2018, 05:28 PM

8 posts, read 10,480 times
I live in North, and you can definitely find what you're looking for here. There is a moms club, which holds lots of events. The library also has some programming, and there are also opportunities for children to become involved in dance/ballet, karate, gymnastics, etc. Yes, there's one supermarket, but lots of convenient places to shop (including Target) all within a 10 minute drive. The schools seem to be on par with nearby Mansfield, although it seems Norton schools were getting a bad reputation at some point because of the previous superintendent. The new superintendent is making great improvements, and this last school vyear Norton started offering free kindergarten, which is not the case in many towns. They are also going to be offering more options for preschool (more days). Wheaton College also has a nursery school that is quite good (I know, my daughter is going there this year). There are also lots of outdoor things to do nearby with several nature trails, a few lakes, Borderland State, and there are plans for a Norton rail trail. For me, all signs point to yes. Norton is attracting lots of young families, so it's nice to keep the trend going.

Old 03-26-2018, 02:54 PM

44 posts, read 53,568 times
I grew up in Norton. It's a nice town. Its current claim to fame is TPC Boston, which hosts the Dell Technologies PGA Championship every Labor Day weekend. The Xfinity Center (formerly Great Woods) is just over the Norton/Mansfield town line, and during concert season it can cause traffic in the center of town due to Exit 11 off of I-495 not being a full interchange (there's access to both directions of 495 from 140, but those going to the Xfinity center from say, Middleboro, must get off at Exit 10 and travel Rtes 123 & 140 through the center of Norton).

There's one grocery store (Roche Bros.) on Mansfield Ave (Rte 140), and plenty of restaurants with delicious food:
-Alberto's, located on Rte. 140 between Roche Bros and the Xfinity Center
-The Chateau on Bay Rd, overlooking Lake Winnecunnet
-Home Plate, on Rte. 123 west of the town center
-Mac and Walts, also on Rte. 123 near the Attleboro line

The Norton school system is improving, but their athletic teams (known as the Lancers) participate in the Tri-Valley athletic conference, which means they're always traveling to many of the schools along Rte. 109 (Medway, Millis, Medfield, Westwood), as well as Hopkinton and Dover-Sherborn.

Old 03-27-2018, 06:16 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,948,491 times
Mac and Walts has a nice tap list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts