Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2018, 12:32 PM

6,573 posts, read 6,740,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
He visited us last week in NH and told us that the brewery was in Sturbridge (he's from Acton), and he had this tiny cooler with four cans in it. lol
Have you tried Kettlehead Brewing over in Tilton yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2018, 02:17 PM

4,249 posts, read 3,724,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Oh well that's in Charlton and they really don't limit most beers anymore to that low... Some of the super special double IPAs or their stouts they do. Some of the bottle stouts our sours are 1 per. They used to be like that (stand in line for an hour to hope to get 7 beers) but they've really upped their production a great deal.
I was there about 2 weeks ago and most of the beers were limited to either 4 or 6. It probably changes with each run and however much they've been able to make.

Was just at Trillium yesterday. It was excellent. I do wish the Canton location had food, though.

Old 12-23-2018, 08:35 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoliz View Post
I was there about 2 weeks ago and most of the beers were limited to either 4 or 6. It probably changes with each run and however much they've been able to make.

Was just at Trillium yesterday. It was excellent. I do wish the Canton location had food, though.

Most of their beers are limits of one case now. With some exceptions, for example:

On 12/6
SSSAP 12 cans
Doubledanger 6 cans
Singleshot 6 cans
those were the special limiteds, and having that many limiteds is not the norm for them now.

then:
Haze one case
Hurricane one case
In Perpetuity one case
Snow one case
Julius one case
Trail Magic one case
Ma one case

Or on 12/13
Triple shot one bottle
Present Moment one case
Super Typhoon 12 cans
Doppledanger one case
Green 12 cans
Hurricane one case
Julius one case

Those numbers are pretty consistent (though the type might change) over the course of those two weeks. As a matter of policy they don't reduce can counts as their running low, its just out. They used to drop limits all the time, but no longer.

So, if you go, you can get cases of beer... with rare exceptions at the end of the week when they are just out... and things can get funky during holidays, like this weekend.

Last edited by timberline742; 12-23-2018 at 08:49 AM..

Old 12-23-2018, 11:16 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,801,691 times
Castle Island
Nightshift
Trillium
Lord Hobo

Trillium is really good, but their beer can be expensive. They also don't distribute so you have to go to Canton or Fort Point to buy it.

One issue I continue to see when buying the local craft beers at a package store is the freshness. I was going to buy a 4 pack of Lord Hobo Glorious the other day and checked the package date it was from back at the very beginning of July.

Old 12-24-2018, 05:59 AM

When did Trillium stop distributing? I used to get it at places in Cambridge a couple of years back.

Old 12-24-2018, 07:52 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,801,691 times
Quote:
When did Trillium stop distributing? I used to get it at places in Cambridge a couple of years back.
To my knowledge, and I am sure someone who is in the know can confirm, but I dodn't think they ever sold to package stores (at least I've never seen it). I know there are a small number of bars and restaurants that serve their beer on tap. Branch Line in Watertown comes to mind.

Old 12-24-2018, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
To my knowledge, and I am sure someone who is in the know can confirm, but I dodn't think they ever sold to package stores (at least I've never seen it). I know there are a small number of bars and restaurants that serve their beer on tap. Branch Line in Watertown comes to mind.

Oh, yeah, they did. I've bought them multiple times from CBC in Belmont and Pemberton Farm on Mass Ave/Cambridge (both bottles, and when they switched to cans). Never a great selection of all they had, but they've been in stores. That was 2 years or so though. I haven't looked recently.

Old 12-26-2018, 07:44 AM

12,866 posts, read 22,026,395 times
I grabbed a four pack of Foam's The Factory for the family Christmas. It was one of the most interesting beers I've had in a long time. It's a black ale that tastes a lot like a Terry's Chocolate Orange. Being a big fan of the chocolate orange, I loved it. I also had the Fox in the Snow "weird beer" which is one of the better seasonals I've had. This is my 2nd time to Foam and they're definitely making moves toward being my favorite brewer in New England. For such a small operation, they produce a wide variety of great quality brews. Worth a trip, either as part of a Burlington Weekend, or as one of the stops of a breweries of VT tour.

Old 12-27-2018, 09:18 AM

15,796 posts, read 20,504,199 times
Quote:
Oh, yeah, they did. I've bought them multiple times from CBC in Belmont and Pemberton Farm on Mass Ave/Cambridge (both bottles, and when they switched to cans). Never a great selection of all they had, but they've been in stores. That was 2 years or so though. I haven't looked recently.

They aren't now, but once in a while they may send some to a special distributor here and there. Very rare from what I hear from my coworker who is very into them.

Old 01-10-2019, 04:49 PM

15,796 posts, read 20,504,199 times
Found myself out west for work today and made a stop at tree house. Looks like they are really expanding the parking.

Apparently I timed it right and arrived to find myself 3rd in line. Limits were pretty high, and after contacting a few buddies and getting their "order" I proceeded to walk out with a dolly full of beer. 10 mins in and out. Very nice place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts