Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2020, 04:13 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,275,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wror View Post
This thread is on specially Pot related crimes.
Let's call it POTHEAD crime on POTHEAD crime in Massachusetts.
City Data should come up with a Crime Index subcategory for these crimes. It is soaring to beyond infinity numbers
I remember watching Reefer Madness in college in the 1970s. It was treated as a comedy. Just like this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2020, 04:45 AM

636 posts, read 706,833 times
The decision for an individual to smoke POT for the first time occurs because said individual could not handle and succumbed to the pressures of societal pressures to reject.

If one is continuing to smoke POT, there is an issue or issues that one has in life the mind drug is masking. The drug making it worse to face,confront, rectify,resolve the issue.

Old 01-28-2020, 05:02 AM

70 posts, read 70,535 times
Quote:
If i was a POT user or growing it at home, i would NEVER tell anyone not even closest friend-s- there was POT in the house or apartment. Thieves will come for it even people you know.
If i bought POT at a pot store, i would look over my shoulder to see if POT thieves were following to see the address they Pot will be at.
If anyone who does not live with you knows you have POT at home, your asking for trouble to come your way.

About POT crimes and Growing POT in private property outdoor gardens.
Thieves are stealing POT from private property so bad, Trail Game cameras in Sporting Goods stores are soaring.
So by your logic, anyone walking out of BestBuy with a laptop is likely to be robbed at gunpoint. Because a laptop is way more valuable than anything from a cannabis retailer.

Old 01-28-2020, 05:03 AM

70 posts, read 70,535 times
Quote:
The decision for an individual to smoke POT for the first time occurs because said individual could not handle and succumbed to the pressures of societal pressures to reject.

If one is continuing to smoke POT, there is an issue or issues that one has in life the mind drug is masking. The drug making it worse to face,confront, rectify,resolve the issue.
You must be fun at parties. And you are wrong. But you already knew that.

Old 01-28-2020, 05:15 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times
Quote:
Feel free to add these stories up for data
https://www.google.com/search?q=mass...h=722&dpr=1.25

News stories isn't data. And that doesn't provide even a relative indicator of prevalence of news stories over time.

Where is your data? You're making statements of fact. There needs to be a basis for that.

Old 01-28-2020, 05:19 AM

636 posts, read 706,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannon35 View Post
So by your logic, anyone walking out of BestBuy with a laptop is likely to be robbed at gunpoint. Because a laptop is way more valuable than anything from a cannabis retailer.
Have you read any crime articles of people buying a laptop, going home, then being home invaded for the laptop?
I can list at least 5 crime stories from Massachusetts, Vermont, and Maine,the legal POT states, of homes being invaded by criminals specially looking for POT.
If one is going to have POT in their home, a possible break in or home invasion is now part of their reality in life.

Last edited by wror; 01-28-2020 at 05:29 AM..

Old 01-28-2020, 05:22 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times
Quote:
Have you read any crime articles of people buying a laptop, going home, then being home invaded for the laptop?
I can list at least 5 crime stories from Massachusetts, Vermont, and Maine,the legal POT states, of being home invaded by criminals looking for POT

After they bought some at a dispensary? Post em.

You can't find any stories of a laptop being stolen from a house/apartment? Really?

Old 01-28-2020, 05:24 AM

20,111 posts, read 9,028,155 times
he always brings a smile to my face.

Old 01-28-2020, 05:26 AM

5,037 posts, read 6,928,372 times
Quote:
I can list at least 5 crime stories from Massachusetts, Vermont, and Maine,the legal POT states, of being home invaded by criminals looking for POT
Before POT was legal, there was no legal recourse for having your POT stolen. Now that it’s legal there is some. Not entirely surprised that reported incidents would go up from almost nothing.

And you read about stuff getting stolen all the time. Especially if it happens in Easton. I’m unaware of any legal POT stores serving as a front for home invasion gangs. Given the reluctance of the CCC to license anyone, is imagine the state would quickly look into any such connections.

Old 01-28-2020, 06:27 AM

3,808 posts, read 3,143,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
So all those times rolling blunts outside the 140 Rendezvous, you were saying "if only our non-white brothers and sisters could joins us?".
I don’t really partake often, then or now, but I have had the pleasure of watching Boston PD leverage petty possession to shakedown black teens in JP ... meanwhile the same PD would tell my white college roommates to “keep it indoors”. Or one could just review police logs pre-decriminalization and notice nearly all the arrests for petty possession had Latino surnames in a town which was 94% white. I call that b_____t.

More importantly, I support legalization as none of the POs I know considered petty amounts of marijuana a “concern worth pursuing” (paperwork, meh) so I fully support removing their ability to care when they’re seeking leverage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts