Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2021, 11:34 AM

1,899 posts, read 1,403,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
As more and more family and friends are vaccinated it's almost like a wave of relief over them. I'm actually one of the last in my group to get it.
I'm not vaccinated yet, but I will be as soon as I'm up. However, I have a feeling of not caring lately. Now that all of my close family members and loved ones, particularly those at risk are vaccinated, I'm happy. It's funny because I'm a bit of a germaphobe and not a good patient. I definitely don't want to get covid and should be more excited about getting vaccinated.

I don't know how much my life will change in the short term when I am fully vaccinated. I'm not really interested in eating in a restaurant until I don't have to wear a mask and can have a normal experience. While I miss traveling, I don't miss flying (at all).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2021, 11:58 AM

16,395 posts, read 8,187,139 times
I haven't had mine yet but I don't foresee myself being emotional.

Old 04-09-2021, 12:23 PM

2,352 posts, read 1,779,566 times
https://cdn.pfizer.com/pfizercom/202...IogPxXeLcn27cH

Pfizer today officially submitted the request to expand the EUA to 12+.

Old 04-09-2021, 12:50 PM

8,373 posts, read 4,391,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterhouse View Post
I'm not vaccinated yet, but I will be as soon as I'm up. However, I have a feeling of not caring lately. Now that all of my close family members and loved ones, particularly those at risk are vaccinated, I'm happy. It's funny because I'm a bit of a germaphobe and not a good patient. I definitely don't want to get covid and should be more excited about getting vaccinated.

I don't know how much my life will change in the short term when I am fully vaccinated. I'm not really interested in eating in a restaurant until I don't have to wear a mask and can have a normal experience. While I miss traveling, I don't miss flying (at all).

On the other hand, I am the opposite. MA is now full of the more infectious strain, and I am paranoid about catching it in these last days before the immunity kicks in. I have had the first dose of Pfizer, but am staying alone at home (I am retired), not even going to the grocery store until two weeks after the shot, by which time I should have 80% of the final immunity. I think the contents of the fridge will decrease down to one last egg, but I'm not leaving home til then :-).

Old 04-09-2021, 12:57 PM

1,899 posts, read 1,403,596 times
I don't blame you. No point in taking a chance when you are likely at the goal line.

Old 04-09-2021, 01:10 PM

24,559 posts, read 18,259,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterhouse View Post
I don't blame you. No point in taking a chance when you are likely at the goal line.

Yep. When I was getting my two Pfizer jabs, I totally shut it down for 5 weeks. With the high infection rates, it would have been totally stoooopid to catch COVID-19 as I was crossing the goal line.

Old 04-09-2021, 03:59 PM

6,125 posts, read 5,098,910 times
And...the largest private university in New England (where, as a parent, I've spent $$$ ) adds the requirement!

https://www.wbur.org/edify/2021/04/0...accine-mandate

Old 04-09-2021, 04:56 PM

2,352 posts, read 1,779,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
And...the largest private university in New England (where, as a parent, I've spent $$$ ) adds the requirement!

https://www.wbur.org/edify/2021/04/0...accine-mandate
Except not really because of the "medical and religious exceptions"

Also they (for once) actually talk about the foreign vaccines, and say that they will be acceptable to them.

Old 04-09-2021, 05:03 PM

23,561 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesmaybe View Post
Except not really because of the "medical and religious exceptions"

Also they (for once) actually talk about the foreign vaccines, and say that they will be acceptable to them.

Yeah but only so many people will get medical or religious exemptions. Most will just say "whatever" and go through with it once the writing is on the wall.

Old 04-09-2021, 05:12 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,249,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
On the other hand, I am the opposite. MA is now full of the more infectious strain, and I am paranoid about catching it in these last days before the immunity kicks in. I have had the first dose of Pfizer, but am staying alone at home (I am retired), not even going to the grocery store until two weeks after the shot, by which time I should have 80% of the final immunity. I think the contents of the fridge will decrease down to one last egg, but I'm not leaving home til then :-).
Do you have a serious co-morbidity? I don't understand the paranoia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts