Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2021, 06:53 PM

6,132 posts, read 5,103,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
People who are asserting without evidence that the actual adverse events are 100x versus what's reported - I guess that's true for every drug and vaccine then, right? As long as we're making stuff up, we might as well be consistent.
Right. And consider that the rollout of these vaccines is *by far* the most closely monitored in medical history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2021, 09:08 PM

17,743 posts, read 9,192,519 times
Massachusetts 7-day positivity rate is over 16%.

Old 12-30-2021, 09:10 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,549,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
I dont think its that drs dont want to take the time, I think they dont want to go against the AMA or the hospital where they have privileges. Its called bottom line, not patient safety or welfare.
Ya there is no doubt corruption. They are pushing remdesivir which causes kidney failure. They don't want to give ivermectin even though it's safe for humans and is prescribed for other illnesses. It might not cure covid but it's a helluva lot safer than remdesivir.

It's not that doctors are corrupt it's they have to do what the hospital wants. It would almost be better to go to a completely private practice for a doctor.

Old 12-30-2021, 09:29 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,549,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Right. And consider that the rollout of these vaccines is *by far* the most closely monitored in medical history.
Ya you know it's safe when this happens...

https://www.euroweeklynews.com/2021/...to-the-public/

I'm very curious what's in the shot now.

Old 12-30-2021, 11:21 PM

21,137 new cases and 36 new deaths were reported on Thursday.

That is the highest number of cases ever.

Old 12-31-2021, 04:05 AM

12,441 posts, read 9,529,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Certainly within my lifetime, I haven't seen as much research, public health policy and media focus on any communicable disease, and I am 60-plus. The number of research projects/papers on Covid-19 has been astounding. Of course, the mortality and morbidity rates from Covid-19 are unprecedented for communicable diseases in my lifetime as well, so it's not hard to understand why.

Old 12-31-2021, 10:05 AM

15,865 posts, read 21,445,747 times
So, it finally happened. After using up our at-home tests on Wednesday afternoon before visiting my niece and nephew (everyone involved as vaxxed as possible besides my 2 year old nephew, all with negative tests) my nose started running while visiting my 90 year old grandmother yesterday. I didn't think anything of it because her apartment was so dry which often causes my nose to run, but it continued all the way home (a 3 hour drive). Today, it feels like a full blown cold with a lot of congestion, runny/stuffy nose, and scratchy throat. In 2020 COVID speak, this wouldn't worry me, but since I'm triple vaxxed this is equally as likely to be COVID as a cold.

So I went to the local drive-through testing facility this morning and there were already more than 250 cars in line. They weren't taking any more. I called all every CVS and Walgreens within a half hour and no one had rapid tests. The local clinics told me they booked out appointments at 8am when they opened, so I'm going to try tomorrow. Obviously because of travel, lots of people are taking precautionary testing but with the COVID wave so high in Mass, it's frustrating to have such a hard time getting tested.

If it was just me, I would just hunker down for 10 days. But my partner is here and was due to head back to his business out of state on Monday. If I just have a cold, no big deal, but it's a whole other thing if he needs to quarantine with me. It's also a whole other thing if I exposed my grandmother.

Old 12-31-2021, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
If it was just me, I would just hunker down for 10 days. But my partner is here and was due to head back to his business out of state on Monday. If I just have a cold, no big deal, but it's a whole other thing if he needs to quarantine with me. It's also a whole other thing if I exposed my grandmother.
If he lives alone, why would he need to quarantine with you? Concerns about stopping for gas?

Old 12-31-2021, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
In 2020 COVID speak, this wouldn't worry me, but since I'm triple vaxxed this is equally as likely to be COVID as a cold.
I don't understand.

Old 12-31-2021, 12:09 PM

15,865 posts, read 21,445,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
If he lives alone, why would he need to quarantine with you? Concerns about stopping for gas?

He does not live alone. He employs his family and a half dozen other people, and when he's there his folks live with him.

Obviously the safe choice is for him not to go back until 10 days is up, but that means his business will have to stay shut down and a bunch of people won't get paid. If we can get answers with a test, all the better.

Unfortunately, there seems to be no tests anywhere. 8 hour+ waits, and many sites are either closed or closing early today and tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts