Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2023, 09:35 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,553,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I read the headline--still laughing.
Watch the video it's only a little more than a minute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2023, 11:22 AM

35,081 posts, read 17,033,734 times
A warning text I received listed these alarming symptoms of the most strain:

“As a result, the most likely symptoms of Pirola should be similar to Omicron, namely:

Cough
Sore throat
Headaches
Runny nose
Sneezing”

Not very good reasons for lockdown. It is not “Monday morning quarterbacking” to say that the damage from society’s overreaction was grievous. As a bankruptcy lawyer my firm represented some of the wreckage. Yes I will concede that there was lots of death and illness. But does destroying society as we know it make anything better?

Old 09-02-2023, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
This is stunning!!!

https://twitter.com/iluminatibot/sta...JDYm3xp_w&s=19

You won't believe it.
I read the headline--still laughing.
I really hope that video is satire. I am pro-vaccine, as well as anti-lockdown. Contrary to popular opinion, I do take the disease seriously. I just balances concerns with other needs of society.

Old 09-02-2023, 11:43 AM

23,598 posts, read 18,740,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post

“As a result, the most likely symptoms of Pirola should be similar to Omicron, namely:

Cough
Sore throat
Headaches
Runny nose
Sneezing”

Not very good reasons for lockdown. It is not “Monday morning quarterbacking” to say that the damage from society’s overreaction was grievous. As a bankruptcy lawyer my firm represented some of the wreckage. Yes I will concede that there was lots of death and illness. But does destroying society as we know it make anything better?

And this has what to do with 2021?

Old 09-02-2023, 11:46 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,553,863 times
Quote:

Cough
Sore throat
Headaches
Runny nose
Sneezing”

it's not a good reason to force people to wear masks either. people get sick that is life.

Old 09-02-2023, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
And this has what to do with 2021?
Nothing but the topic of this thread is about current Covid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
it's not a good reason to force people to wear masks either. people get sick that is life.
You get my point that people are still obsessing about three years ago.

Old 09-02-2023, 12:49 PM

6,138 posts, read 5,109,149 times
Quote:
It is easy to point out the negative without proposing any workable solution. The only real solution in anyone’s tool kit is some form of lockdown and/or restriction in society’s operations.

Do you think money and children’s education grows on trees? Do you think society can operate locked down for an indefinite and arbitrary period? Do you think people communicate effectively without facial cues? School and religious services over Zoom?

Is life worthwhile without weddings, birthday parties, funerals? What people were advocating was a “temporary” but effectively permanent dystopia.
Permanent? Any venue I've been to recently (restaurants, concert venues, whatever) is more than back to pre-pandemic normals.

Old 09-02-2023, 12:50 PM

6,138 posts, read 5,109,149 times
Quote:

Cough
Sore throat
Headaches
Runny nose
Sneezing”

Who's talking about a lockdown now?

Old 09-02-2023, 02:38 PM

23,598 posts, read 18,740,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Who's talking about a lockdown now?
Exactly. These people don't even know what they're arguing over anymore.

Old 09-02-2023, 02:42 PM

10,029 posts, read 15,679,858 times
Quote:

Cough
Sore throat
Headaches
Runny nose
Sneezing”

Those seem like the allergy symptoms many of us get this time of year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts