Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2020, 12:11 PM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,966 times

Advertisements

I wouldn’t necessarily call Dedham affluent. It has a few nice neighborhoods but the section next to Hyde park isn’t great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2020, 02:53 PM

7,925 posts, read 7,814,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
I wouldn’t necessarily call Dedham affluent. It has a few nice neighborhoods but the section next to Hyde park isn’t great.
Having worked for one of the school districts in the 128 beltoften times they consider themselves similar to each other. These communities include Dedham, Westwood, Lexington, Wellesley, Newton, Concord, Sudbury, Belmont etc

Outside of UMass I don't think it is that many places in western or Central Mass that get wild with sports or frat houses with this. To note in Springfield College just putting a policy that if you're caught in the off-campus on authorized party you get kicked out and they're taking the tuition.

Old 09-11-2020, 03:13 PM

Interesting. Dedham doesn’t come close to having the school ratings of those towns.

Old 09-11-2020, 03:17 PM

17,739 posts, read 9,192,519 times
Adults with COVID-19 twice as likely to have dined at a restaurant: study

"If you eat out, coronavirus could be on the menu.

People infected with COVID-19 around the US are twice as likely as people who are uninfected to have dined at a restaurant in the past two weeks, a new study has found."

Old 09-11-2020, 03:25 PM

1,717 posts, read 1,807,780 times
Not very surprising that being around other people increases your chances of getting coronavirus. Kind of like saying driving to a restaurant increases your chances of being in a car accident.

Old 09-11-2020, 03:45 PM

6,130 posts, read 5,098,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgang239 View Post
Not very surprising that being around other people increases your chances of getting coronavirus. Kind of like saying driving to a restaurant increases your chances of being in a car accident.
I don't think it's quite as obvious as you're making it out to be. In any case, it's good to have scientific data, as state officials try to make decisions nationwide on reopening. In the case of indoor dining, which I still refuse to patronize, it's several factors--masks off (of necessity), talking, closed space, >15 min exposure time.

Old 09-11-2020, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Adults with COVID-19 twice as likely to have dined at a restaurant: study

"If you eat out, coronavirus could be on the menu.

People infected with COVID-19 around the US are twice as likely as people who are uninfected to have dined at a restaurant in the past two weeks, a new study has found."
Restaurant owners and workers will not want this article going around. Also I can’t say I’ve heard any instances of corona spreading at a restaurant. I’ve heard of restaurant workers having it but these seem like isolated incidents where the virus doesn’t spread to other workers or patrons. It definitely seems to be spreading at parties - house parties, weddings bachelorette parties, now sports teams. Show me a story where it has spread at restaurants and I’ll stop going. Also maybe bars where the same people are hanging out together for hours in a close space? At a restaurant you’re normally in and out in an hour. I do think restaurants will be in trouble once the warmer weather is gone. People are less likely to want to dine indoors. And if we see another spike it will really be too bad.

Last edited by Bridge781; 09-11-2020 at 04:16 PM..

Old 09-11-2020, 04:41 PM

943 posts, read 410,163 times
Quote:
Restaurant owners and workers will not want this article going around. Also I can’t say I’ve heard any instances of corona spreading at a restaurant. I’ve heard of restaurant workers having it but these seem like isolated incidents where the virus doesn’t spread to other workers or patrons. It definitely seems to be spreading at parties - house parties, weddings bachelorette parties, now sports teams. Show me a story where it has spread at restaurants and I’ll stop going. Also maybe bars where the same people are hanging out together for hours in a close space? At a restaurant you’re normally in and out in an hour. I do think restaurants will be in trouble once the warmer weather is gone. People are less likely to want to dine indoors. And if we see another spike it will really be too bad.
Well - lots of stories of it spreading in dining establishments. There was an early one from China which suggested aerosol transmission due to AC placement thanks to careful tracing. Another one with a major outbreak due to a customer sitting under the AC in a Starbucks (I think that was in South Korea). And of course a South Korean bar hopper that caused a major spike in cases.
Here, we don't get a whole lot of information about where cases occur, other than parties. The governors don't want to ruin the economy? Or is our case load so high they can't keep track with tracing? It is a travesty how much we are kept in the dark...In some European countries, they publish the restaurants/grocery stores/bars/trains etc. where a customer was diagnosed, so that other patrons can be on the lookout for symptoms.

Old 09-11-2020, 04:45 PM

In Ma the numbers are low so I guess I don’t feel that worried at the moment to go out to eat occasionally.

Old 09-11-2020, 05:11 PM

12,432 posts, read 9,529,208 times
Quote:
In Ma the numbers are low so I guess I don’t feel that worried at the moment to go out to eat occasionally.
Yeah, I wouldn't want to be shoulder-to-shoulder in a crowd with no masks. But if the tables are sanitized between seatings, if everyone is wearing masks and parties are seated well apart from one another, I am not going to worry too much about that either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts