Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2020, 06:18 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,259,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer2 View Post
I wonder which treatment option are they pursuing - powerful light or injecting a disinfectant?

"So, supposedly we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. And I think you said you’re going to test that, too. Sounds interesting, right?”

“And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me. So, we’ll see, but the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute. That’s pretty powerful.”
They’ll bring in Amy Coney Barrett to speak in tongues and pray it away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2020, 08:03 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times
Ya just gotta love government. The site said the Covid test must be within 72 hours of arrival in Massachusetts and give the specific test they want.

My doctor just called and when I read off the test name, she said it was NOT a rapid result test. So MAYBE I might know the results by the time I take off Thursday. They will push as hard as they can for me though.

The airline emailed me yesterday with a headsup about finding out the regulations too. I was destined to find out yesterday.

Thank you, GeoffD, your last post made me feel better. Other than staying with my friends, I am only visiting a cemetery and I don't think I need to worry about Covid. I AM flying a line that does NOT have anyone in the middle seat. I chose well it turns out.

To the person who gets all those tests daily, I hope you are in the medical field and not just a Hyperchondriac.

So, fellow Mas$holes, thanks for all the good information you provided. I will say a special thank you when I step off that plane.

I'll letcha know how it went when I get back.

Old 10-02-2020, 11:39 AM

779 posts, read 877,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Ya just gotta love government. The site said the Covid test must be within 72 hours of arrival in Massachusetts and give the specific test they want.

My doctor just called and when I read off the test name, she said it was NOT a rapid result test. So MAYBE I might know the results by the time I take off Thursday. They will push as hard as they can for me though.

The airline emailed me yesterday with a headsup about finding out the regulations too. I was destined to find out yesterday.

Thank you, GeoffD, your last post made me feel better. Other than staying with my friends, I am only visiting a cemetery and I don't think I need to worry about Covid. I AM flying a line that does NOT have anyone in the middle seat. I chose well it turns out.

To the person who gets all those tests daily, I hope you are in the medical field and not just a Hyperchondriac.

So, fellow Mas$holes, thanks for all the good information you provided. I will say a special thank you when I step off that plane.

I'll letcha know how it went when I get back.
I was in a similar situation over the summer when our family drove to Pennsylvania for a trip. Rapid tests can't be used for this, so we called a few places that could guarantee results in 48 hours. It still felt a little silly to be testing a couple of days before driving back to MA, but the rules are the rules, so we took our tests a couple of days before returning and got our negative results while we were in the car on the way home.

Old 10-02-2020, 11:46 AM

15,798 posts, read 20,504,199 times
All jokes aside about the Pres having Covid, this is a pretty serious national security risk and one nobody should wish for the worst-case outcome. He comes into contact with some high-ranking officials in our gov't, and if these cases get to be more than just mild, there could be a serious vulnerability in the US govt. If a worst-case scenario plays out weeks before a national election, well then that's another unprecedented historic event that will occur in our lifetimes. Movies don't even have plot twists that crazy.

Old 10-02-2020, 12:08 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
All jokes aside about the Pres having Covid, this is a pretty serious national security risk and one nobody should wish for the worst-case outcome. He comes into contact with some high-ranking officials in our gov't, and if these cases get to be more than just mild, there could be a serious vulnerability in the US govt. If a worst-case scenario plays out weeks before a national election, well then that's another unprecedented historic event that will occur in our lifetimes. Movies don't even have plot twists that crazy.
"Designated Survivor" did! The very first scene was the Capitol blowing up sky high! Didn't you watch that show? It was very good for a couple of years.

Old 10-02-2020, 01:38 PM

12,868 posts, read 22,026,395 times
Quote:
Yeah, I agree. Frankly, I detest the President, his rhetoric, and many of his policies; but I'm still bothered (but not surprised) at some of the the jokes at his expense. If it turns out to be mild and he recovers quickly, joke and gloat away (I'll be all aboard that train). But it's a serious concern if things get worse or the number of cases among high level administration officials increases. And while I firmly believe that the President's rhetoric and bluster has more than earned him the backlash he's received from the people he's targeted over the years, he's human and so is his family. I wish him the best. I hope that in two weeks we're complaining about how his mild case is leading him to downplay COVID severity rather than discussing succession plans and what to do about the election.

Old 10-02-2020, 02:10 PM

5,037 posts, read 6,923,971 times
Quote:
This was actually covered, with Trump, on The Last Man on Earth. The string of cabinet members that replaced him would likely be very different.

Old 10-02-2020, 02:13 PM

15,863 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Flying on an airline that blocks out the middle seat is relatively low risk. Everyone is wearing masks. The ventilation is excellent. You need to follow basic infection control practices. Hand washing and sanitizer OCD. Glasses to keep your hands away from your eyes. Shower and wash everything immediately afterwards. The things someone who works in a hospital does every day. I wouldn’t fly United or American and I wouldn’t connect. I’d bring my own water bottle on the plane.

Do you get tested after you eat indoors in a restaurant? People aren’t wearing masks. The ventilation is almost always worse than an airplane. Does a K-12 teacher in a hybrid classroom get tested constantly? Another place with typically lousy ventilation. The way I assess the personal risk, flying is lower risk.

I don't eat indoors at restaurants, and will not until I receive a vaccine. Or outdoors really, for that matter, aside from once at a very distanced brewery in early July when the numbers had bottomed out. I work on the covid task force at work and have been listening to epidemiologists, researchers, doctors, etc. since we started planning for this at the end of January. None of them are eating at restaurants, so neither am I.

Because I work at a college, we have frequent testing for everyone. I was originally tested at least once a week, but if I'm on campus more than twice a week (which is becoming more and more frequent), I am tested at least twice. It's a requirement even if you're only on campus for half an hour and outside coming into contact with no one, as I frequently am. Because of my role on the task force, I helped pilot the program so part of my job was getting tested way more frequently than that to test out different flows of traffic and the process itself. Since we were using the swabs, they figured that we should go ahead and send them in.

Before work testing was available to me, I did asymptomatic testing whenever it was available to me starting in late April/early May. I'm high risk as a blood cancer survivor with lung damage, and my partner employs elderly people - including his parents - so we both got tested before every time we saw each other once he had to spend most of his time at his business site out of state.

It's absolute insanity to me that all K-12 teachers and students who spend time in the classroom aren't tested at least once a week, if not twice a week.

Old 10-02-2020, 02:16 PM

17,738 posts, read 9,192,519 times
He is showing mild symptoms. That's concerning when considering his age, weight, and high cholesterol.

Old 10-02-2020, 02:32 PM

17,738 posts, read 9,192,519 times
"he received a single 8 gram dose of Regeneron's polyclonal antibody cocktail"

"the President remains fatigued but in good spirits"

Physician Letter: https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/1312122950133272576

And it was just announced that he has a fever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts