Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2020, 11:15 AM

2,955 posts, read 1,412,860 times

Advertisements

I will work from home as long as possible. I love being home in the peace and quiet with my cat and the birds outside for company and cooking what I want to eat.

I have an app that redirects calls from my work number to my cell phone, so I'm still talking to dentists on the phone all day long, same as before.

I brought home my work computer with the three monitors and able to do/access everything.

Only things I can't do at home are scan and print, but maybe covid will push my company to become paperless or at least more so than before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2020, 11:33 AM

10,023 posts, read 15,671,828 times
My leg has healed enough so that I can walk a little and am able to travel. I finished up my physical therapy last week so we will be driving home tomorrow. It will be interesting going from a "free" state to a "prisoner" state, LOL. One last dining out experience tonight before we go, who knows when the next opportunity will be.

Old 05-19-2020, 11:35 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,269,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
its ok to be disrespectful to people who you disagree with. gotcha! pretty scummy if you ask me.
It’s ok to disrespect people who persistently demonstrate a lack of critical thought.

Old 05-19-2020, 11:42 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,549,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
It’s ok to disrespect people who persistently demonstrate a lack of critical thought.

meaning dont agree with you?

its only critical thinking if it fits into your narrow minded head.

Old 05-19-2020, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post

your parents did not bring you up right to respect people even if they have different opinions?

where they savages?

you insult me but your a COWARD! oh its ok for people to insult me but not insult others?

Old 05-19-2020, 11:45 AM

875 posts, read 663,995 times
WFH appears to have worked well for task based activities across the board ..... but I do believe that the strategic and creative efforts have suffered. Maybe we are just not doing it right but I don't think zoom/calls etc. are anywhere as good for this as f2f.

I am looking forward to going back and I think operationally we function better like that. My wife and I work from home 1-2 days a week and I think that is a good mix.

I will say that we are evaluating across several companies if some FTEs can be fully remote then why pay Boston/Cambridge area salaries, if we can find that skill set elsewhere for a lot less. We have already engaged recruiters to help with this for some open positions.

Be careful what you wish for.

Old 05-19-2020, 11:56 AM

why should i wear a mask when people treat me bad? infact i get excited when i hear about human death!

Old 05-19-2020, 12:04 PM

12,870 posts, read 22,035,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
its ok to be disrespectful to people who you disagree with. gotcha! pretty scummy if you ask me.
I don't know, minimizing a pandemic along side throwing a temper tantrum and refusing to wear a mask seems disrespectful/scummy to me.

It's not just "different opinions," it's an inability to think critically and you don't seem to be able to tell the difference. And this isn't something like sports, it's literally a deadly illness. So my respect for your opinion ends when your respect for other people's well being ends because you don't like being told to wear masks.

Old 05-19-2020, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
I don't know, minimizing a pandemic along side throwing a temper tantrum and refusing to wear a mask seems disrespectful/scummy to me.

everyone has a right not to wear a mask unless its in a buisness.

who said i was minimizing a pandemic? just because i view something differently its scummy?

in this forum if you dont hold the same believes as the choir then your not accepted here. dont you see they hypocracy? your ok as long as you believe what we believe.

while others justified disrespect I took the high road. I am nice until people stop being nice. your ok with mob rule. if you want respect you need to respect others first. but your ok with alienating people who dont agree with you which exposes your hypocracy.

Old 05-19-2020, 12:34 PM

1,541 posts, read 1,125,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer2 View Post
WFH appears to have worked well for task based activities across the board ..... but I do believe that the strategic and creative efforts have suffered. Maybe we are just not doing it right but I don't think zoom/calls etc. are anywhere as good for this as f2f.

I am looking forward to going back and I think operationally we function better like that. My wife and I work from home 1-2 days a week and I think that is a good mix.
I also miss the office. I believe the strong culture at my employer is because of face-to-face interactions. The CEO is just as concerned about culture as he is about productivity and the bottom line. There have been no layoffs and the company is continuing to pay hourly employees that cannot work due to locations being closed.

That said he's admitted to not having much productivity lost with WFH and our policies will likely change during the new normal (previous WFH policy was severely lacking).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts