Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2020, 03:09 PM

1,853 posts, read 1,955,639 times

Advertisements

I like Out of the Blue in Davis Sq.

Legal's is fine not my favorite.

What are your thoughts on Woodman's of Essex? I am a huge seafoodie however haven't had the chance to visit. I read about a fire in May, not sure if they are serving food these days. Tough times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2020, 03:20 PM

14,249 posts, read 14,737,232 times
Woodmans used to be all deep fried entrees. Is not still the same?

Old 07-21-2020, 03:24 PM

1,899 posts, read 1,403,596 times
I like Out of the Blue as well. Fresh fish, simply prepared at very fair prices. Moulton’s in Medford used to be in the same vein, but they sadly closed.

I tend to like raw bar type seafood. I’m a big fan of Row 34 and Saltie Girl.

For steamed lobsters and lobster sandwiches, Alive & Kicking in Cambridge is a great spot.

Woodmans is one of the better clam shack type places on the north shore, with fresh lobsters and lobster rolls as well. Green Harbor Lobster Pound is similar on the south shore.

MA has lots of great seafood at all price points.

Old 07-21-2020, 03:31 PM

15,861 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
What are your thoughts on Woodman's of Essex? I am a huge seafoodie however haven't had the chance to visit. I read about a fire in May, not sure if they are serving food these days. Tough times.

I was there a few weekends ago. I'm not usually an onion rings fan, but theirs are by far my favorite. Their clams are great as well. We went at a weird time (3ish or so) so even though there was a line as always, it wasn't so bad. They have markers set out to ensure social distancing, but I'm not sure how it would go during prime lunch or dinner time since there's limited seating and the place is still mobbed.

Brown's in Seabrook, NH is where my family goes for fried clams and scallops, but I thought they had gone a bit downhill recently.

Belle Isle in Winthrop is my favorite for lobster rolls. They do theirs with mayo, which normally isn't my thing (I prefer warm with butter) but these are perfect and positively mobbed with meat.

Old 07-25-2020, 03:50 AM

363 posts, read 514,445 times
Red Lobster? lmao! Ate there twice in Los Angeles, had to send my lobster back both times. Nasty stuff. They sucked.

My aunt in San Diego used to love Red Lobster till the last few times she went, and the crab was spoiled. She sent her crab back once, then twice, the poor folks told her they opened a new box of crab. Just skeevey all-round.

The OP has got plenty referrals.

Old 07-29-2020, 04:35 PM

3,577 posts, read 4,509,499 times
Clam box Ipswich. YUM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts