Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2023, 04:43 PM

2 posts, read 670 times

Advertisements

I know this thread is old but in case someone is looking for an updated response to this question I would say Westford.

We moved here in 2019 (when the school system was rated #1) for similar reasons, other than our daughter half of her pre-k classmates are also of Indian ancestry. It is between Lowell and Acton which have a large Indian population and (especially Lowell) restaurants. Our children's classes celebrate Indian holidays.

It is politically/ideologically diverse, the people are friendly and it's not far from Burlington. I truly love it here. I just hate that there are so many bugs and barely any sidewalks which is something to consider with small children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2023, 09:02 PM

15,956 posts, read 7,015,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riba79 View Post
Hello,

We are a family moving to Massachusetts from Cherry Hill, NJ. I’m Looking for neighborhoods with a very good school district ( my kids are in 6 grade and 2nd grade ). Also, I would like to stay in a nice neighborhood with a decent Asian Indian population and Indian grocery stores , restaurants etc. After doing some preliminary research, I have come to believe that Shrewsbury, westborough, Southborough, Hopkinton would be good places. I was preferably looking for new construction homes around this neighborhood. Or maybe existing if they are nice.

Can someone please suggest good, safe neighBorhoods based upon the criteria I mentioned above( other than the ones I already mentioned ). Also a challenge I’m facing while looking for homes is that most of the good ones are selling out very very fast. Can someone please suggest some new home communities in these areas or the vicinity.

I would also welcome suggestions of any other nice towns ( very good school district ) maybe within a 25-30 minutes driving distance from these towns covering the criteria I mentioned.

Thank you in advance!
Burlington as suggested already. Lexington, Andover, Acton, Winchester.

Old 07-20-2023, 09:36 PM

845 posts, read 552,289 times
Middle class Asian families with children usually only choose neighborhoods with 8/10 high schools or better.
Even if you don't care, you need to be prepared for the peer pressure coming from your social circle.

Old 07-21-2023, 06:33 AM

432 posts, read 414,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJB1 View Post
I know this thread is old but in case someone is looking for an updated response to this question I would say Westford. We moved in 2019 when the school district was rated #1 in the state. Plus there is a Kumon.

We moved here for similar reasons to the originator of the post. Including our daughter, half of her pre-k classmates are also of Indian ancestry. They even celebrate some of the Indian holidays in class.

It is between Lowell and Acton which have a large Indian population and (especially Lowell) restaurants. I love it here. It is politically/ideologically diverse, the people are friendly and it's not far from Burlington. I truly love it here. I just hate that there are so many darn bugs and barely any sidewalks which is something to consider with small children. There are no great restaurants here but we live near so many towns that have a good food scene.
Nice!
Just wanted to add that Acton/Boxborough schools do have Diwali off.
A friend that works in an Acton Elementary school reports that 2/3rds of their students are Indian.

Old 07-21-2023, 11:59 AM

2,348 posts, read 1,778,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brk330 View Post
Nice!
Just wanted to add that Acton/Boxborough schools do have Diwali off.
A friend that works in an Acton Elementary school reports that 2/3rds of their students are Indian.
I looked at the DOE profile of Acton and there's only one school that had similar Asian pop%. But the trend is def headed that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts