Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2021, 12:04 PM

959 posts, read 541,282 times

Advertisements

I am afraid we'll get Sonia Chang-Diaz

Quote:
Chang-Díaz was critical of legislation passed by the Massachusetts Senate which targeted the ability of undocumented immigrants to obtain services from the state including Medicaid and public housing.
Why does she think it is amazing idea to put illegals into public housing or give them Medicaid when citizens and legal immigrants pay for everything thru the nose?

I really hope MA will not vote for her. Wu is enough!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2021, 12:10 PM

6,575 posts, read 6,746,620 times
Baker has consistently been behind Geoff Diehl in GOP primary polling, by a lot! He moved too far left for the Massachusetts GOP and has found himself boxed out of a pathway to the governorship unless he ran as an independent.

He has no one but himself to blame.

Old 12-01-2021, 12:12 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,995,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Compared to the rest of the first world, the Democratic Party in the United States is center-right. It’s not like Bernie is going to win a primary. .
Indeed. It's really bizarre this country. We suffer for it. We seemingly adopt policies where we pay more for less and then keep electing politicians that want to pay more for less.

It's not overtly too dissimilar to how we love our science and innovation, things we lead the world in and what drive our economy, and yet hate the educated and reject so much science at the same time.

Old 12-01-2021, 12:24 PM

1,853 posts, read 1,957,670 times
I am so disappointed to see this in the news. Baker would've won a third term without too much trouble.

I agree with others, if he's trying to set up for 2024, he should do it as an independent as he won't make it out of the GOP primaries. I am a Northeastern Republican and he was my kind of a politican.

Old 12-01-2021, 12:29 PM

2,066 posts, read 1,075,976 times
And that's how we'll end up with Illinois-level $20,000 property tax on a $500,000 house

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl View Post

Why does she think it is amazing idea to put illegals into public housing or give them Medicaid when citizens and legal immigrants pay for everything thru the nose?

Old 12-01-2021, 12:57 PM

337 posts, read 268,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl View Post

Agreed... I know Maura Healy has expressed interest, and people are speculating Joe Kennedy III may jump in as well. They may be a bit more moderate? Anyone have any opinion on the current or potential field?

Old 12-01-2021, 01:06 PM

2,066 posts, read 1,075,976 times
https://www.boston.com/news/politics...etts-governor/ - there might be some hope after all.

Old 12-01-2021, 01:08 PM

21,669 posts, read 12,808,075 times
I personally love the current field...

If Healey doesn't run we would likely get Sonia Chang-Diaz but I'd take Ben Downing or Danielle Allen too. I would embrace the continuity from Wu to Chang-Diaz. I don't live in fear of progressive policies. The currently announced Democratic candidates care about helping those who actually need help-that's all that matters to me.

Someone from Pittsfield, JP or Cambridge as opposed to Swampscott? I like that too. And I don't have any qualms with an untested Harvard ethics professor governing the state either (Danielle Allen).

Old 12-01-2021, 01:11 PM

21,669 posts, read 12,808,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieWhitie View Post
https://www.boston.com/news/politics...etts-governor/ - there might be some hope after all.
I'm surprised you consider Marty for Governor "hope" the policies he implemented for Boston would be pretty left for the state as a whole compared to Baker.

Old 12-01-2021, 01:11 PM

6,141 posts, read 5,111,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
I am so disappointed to see this in the news. Baker would've won a third term without too much trouble.

I agree with others, if he's trying to set up for 2024, he should do it as an independent as he won't make it out of the GOP primaries. I am a Northeastern Republican and he was my kind of a politican.
I'm a Dem, voted for Baker in 2018, and would have gladly done so again in 2022. Count me among the ones sorely disappointed with today's announcement. Baker represents a (nowadays, sadly) too rare combination of intellect, pragmatism, integrity, and political savvy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts