Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2021, 07:05 PM

21,650 posts, read 12,800,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl View Post
Diversity means inclusion, not complete exclusion just because. Do you agree?
Lol I won’t even justify this
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2021, 07:11 PM

5,118 posts, read 2,677,969 times
I see all the usual and sundry corporate-sponsored Marxist faux-liberals are here tonight with their predictable doublespeak and projection. Did someone say insanity?

Old 12-01-2021, 07:18 PM

23,619 posts, read 18,749,452 times
I always despised Baker. But after loonies like Diehl, Chang-Diaz, or Healy...really what are other potentials??? I say this state is severely toast.

Old 12-01-2021, 07:25 PM

337 posts, read 268,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Thank you. I was aware of some of the facts you quoted, but you've done a better job summarizing and putting in context.

The narrative that progressive leaders somehow want their own communities destroyed is cognitively dissonant.
Want? Mostly, no. Allow? You bet.

Permissiveness:

Portland mayor: Keeping police away from protest a mistake

Residents demand answers from Seattle City Hall about ongoing violent protests

Most Riot, Looting Cases From Last Year Dropped by NYC DAs

Apologizing (or downright encouraging):

“This is not to condone violence, this is not to condone any of that,” Ocasio-Cortez said. “But…we have to really ask ourselves the question as to why so many people were okay ignoring these problems until a window got broken. Why does it take that for people to pay attention?”

CHOP: Seattle mayor walks back ‘summer of love’ comment

Cori Bush: AntiFa was on the ground with us during the Ferguson Uprising working to keep black protesters safe (even when the cameras had left) when a lot of other folks weren’t.

There are honestly too many to count. Reason is a libertarian outlet, but in this article they do a great job of providing an overview of the more chaotic happenings around the country and the permissiveness of local officials.

edit: Oh, and all this information hardly even touches on the ongoing issues happening in California.

Old 12-01-2021, 07:36 PM

959 posts, read 541,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieWhitie View Post
A very talented grifter for sure - a perfect buzzword salad with a hefty serving of promised freebies on the side always gets the gullible fool votes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Thank you. I was aware of some of the facts you quoted, but you've done a better job summarizing and putting in context.

The narrative that progressive leaders somehow want their own communities destroyed is cognitively dissonant.
Do you remember what happened last year?
I do. There was a peaceful demonstration till 9 pm, then riots started.
ArNG was called and everything stopped.
Many names of rioters were published in Boston Globe.

Then during summer and fall 2020 Baker had NG in stand by. And no riots happened again!!!

Old 12-01-2021, 07:36 PM

21,650 posts, read 12,800,939 times
People giving baker for doing well during the pandemic is hilarious. He didn’t do a good job-at all. He’s not a good manager

Old 12-01-2021, 07:38 PM

23,619 posts, read 18,749,452 times
"Nation's most popular governor".

Old 12-01-2021, 07:42 PM

2,066 posts, read 1,075,529 times
Who did a hood job then? Or are you just doing what you do best, empty slogans and insults with nothing to back them up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
People giving baker for doing well during the pandemic is hilarious. He didn’t do a good job-at all. He’s not a good manager

Old 12-01-2021, 07:43 PM

17,771 posts, read 9,215,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDee12345 View Post
Then I watched Baker. 30 minute press conferences. Straight to the point. He brought in experts, reassured us the state was doing what it could, and he discussed areas where the state was falling behind.
Honest. Straight. Efficient. That's the New England way and I can safely say that despite the fact I'm half a world a way, it was Baker who gave me confidence that everything that could be done, was being done.
Yeah, like sending covid patients to nursing homes.

Old 12-01-2021, 07:45 PM

337 posts, read 268,938 times
An interesting profile of declared and potential candidates, thought I'd post in case you guys were interested: With Charlie Baker out of governor’s race, candidates line up for for their shot at the corner office

edit: Interesting tidbit about Walsh:
Quote:
U.S. Labor Secretary Martin Walsh, the former Boston mayor who’s still flush with cash, is reported by Politico to be mulling his way through whether to run. A source close to Walsh did tell the Herald that Walsh is happy as labor secretary and likely wouldn’t make a run, especially if Healey does pull the trigger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts