Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2021, 03:37 PM

8,505 posts, read 4,747,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
While i'm not a fan of Biden, this whole "Let's go Brandon" think seems rather childish and immature.

However, i give the guy credit for trying to capitalize on what's trending. He had quite a few stores around the state and I always saw folks at the one near me.
I second it. I had to look up the Brandon thing, because it’s not something whose meaning is self-evident. If the joke has to be explained, it probably sucks.

That said, I agree with the idea that I enjoy someone deft enough to quickly take advantage of a trend to make a buck or two. I wouldn’t visit or buy, but I wish the guy many dollars and a good time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2021, 03:40 PM

1,169 posts, read 751,539 times
"No one went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people."

Old 12-08-2021, 03:55 PM

2,066 posts, read 1,074,925 times
I wouldn't be surprised if he tried to report their racism and bigotry(tm) to their employer, he sure sounds like that type.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
You must have been horrified.

Old 12-08-2021, 03:58 PM

10,029 posts, read 15,675,599 times
I drove by the store on Rte. 1 in North Attleborough today. I had forgotten all about it until I saw the sign. Hard to miss it. The owner will do well selling this stuff around Christmas. There were a lot of cars there.

Old 12-08-2021, 05:39 PM

397 posts, read 319,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post

One is on Route 6 in Somerset (replacing a "New England for Trump" store) and there's also one on North Washington Street in North Attleborough.

“Let’s Go Brandon” stores open in Somerset, Attleboro

"The “Let’s Go Brandon” social media fascination began when an NBC reporter incorrectly described a chant of “F*** Joe Biden” by spectators during a NASCAR race."

Somerset Street View: https://goo.gl/maps/iirfP5et1giT6k4J7
Maybe the Mega Donuts next door can get in on the action and change their name to MAGA Donuts?

Old 12-08-2021, 05:49 PM

397 posts, read 319,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
While i'm not a fan of Biden, this whole "Let's go Brandon" think seems rather childish and immature.

However, i give the guy credit for trying to capitalize on what's trending. He had quite a few stores around the state and I always saw folks at the one near me.
Agreed. I saw a video which sums it up pretty well:

https://www.reddit.com/r/TikTokCringe/comments/rbj1mt/lets_go_soda/

Old 12-08-2021, 05:53 PM

6,138 posts, read 5,105,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieWhitie View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if he tried to report their racism and bigotry(tm) to their employer, he sure sounds like that type.
Spoken like the prototypical insecure white guy. At least you're honest with your handle.

Old 12-08-2021, 05:54 PM

6,138 posts, read 5,105,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
You must have been horrified.
Hardly. ~30% of MA did go for Trump, after all.

Old 12-08-2021, 06:10 PM

2,066 posts, read 1,074,925 times
My handle, eh? I guess you have already conveniently forgotten about our wonderful, inclusive and tolerant Boston school committee members it’s based on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Spoken like the prototypical insecure white guy. At least you're honest with your handle.

Old 12-08-2021, 06:17 PM

10,029 posts, read 15,675,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieWhitie View Post
My handle, eh? I guess you have already conveniently forgotten about our wonderful, inclusive and tolerant Boston school committee members it’s based on.
I saw a T-Shirt with "Westie Whitie" on a guy a couple of days after that incident and I thought it might be a good opportunity for someone to print some up and sell them on one of the corners there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts