Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2023, 08:47 PM

4,172 posts, read 2,566,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieWhitie View Post
And golf ball-sized hail and dinner plate-sized spiders.
And a lot of snakes. They love the heat too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2023, 09:10 PM

32,927 posts, read 36,329,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
Do folks realize that OP posed their question almost a year ago? (old thread revived the other day by someone making a comment they miss the seafood here)!
We just like to look at what we've typed. I'll never be published, so this is it.

Old 01-16-2023, 05:03 AM

531 posts, read 424,880 times
Out of the three or four families I know who relocated to NC/SC from the Boston area, they all told me they miss MA and very much wish they could come back. They all recognize it’s cheaper but that seems to be the one and only payoff. Otherwise, they all wish they could return and one family is making steps to by this summer.

PS Don’t shoot the messenger! I’m just going by what people who made the move expressed to me. I have zero skin in this game.

Old 01-16-2023, 05:39 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,268,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy11 View Post
Out of the three or four families I know who relocated to NC/SC from the Boston area, they all told me they miss MA and very much wish they could come back. They all recognize it’s cheaper but that seems to be the one and only payoff. Otherwise, they all wish they could return and one family is making steps to by this summer.

PS Don’t shoot the messenger! I’m just going by what people who made the move expressed to me. I have zero skin in this game.
This isn’t surprising and is likely the case anywhere. People that relocate for the wrong reasons (money being the most common), aren’t going to be happy.

I’ve also known people who relocate to “reset” thinking that they’ll leave all their problems behind and be happier. They go through a honeymoon phase, but at the end of the day moving doesn’t fix problems.

That being said, as someone from MA that now lives in NC in a town full of northern transplants, my anecdotal experience is I don’t know a single person that has moved back.

Old 01-16-2023, 10:50 AM

14,246 posts, read 14,727,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
This isn’t surprising and is likely the case anywhere. People that relocate for the wrong reasons (money being the most common), aren’t going to be happy.

I’ve also known people who relocate to “reset” thinking that they’ll leave all their problems behind and be happier. They go through a honeymoon phase, but at the end of the day moving doesn’t fix problems.

That being said, as someone from MA that now lives in NC in a town full of northern transplants, my anecdotal experience is I don’t know a single person that has moved back.
Same here. I would not go back to MA for all the tea in China.

Old 01-16-2023, 11:33 AM

24,556 posts, read 18,239,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
Same here. I would not go back to MA for all the tea in China.
China tea production is $91 billion. I could even make the Carolinas work for that.

Old 01-16-2023, 12:48 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,943,649 times
I know several that moved back from NC and SC both. All were situations where their kids became school age and they didn't want their kids raised with the cultural influences down there.

Old 01-16-2023, 12:49 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,268,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I know several that moved back from NC and SC both. All were situations where their kids became school age and they didn't want their kids raised with the cultural influences down there.
Can you elaborate on "cultural influences"? I'm honestly not sure what you're getting at...

Old 01-16-2023, 03:14 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,943,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
Can you elaborate on "cultural influences"? I'm honestly not sure what you're getting at...
Christianity/organized religion
Right wing moronics

Old 01-16-2023, 03:20 PM

23,539 posts, read 18,678,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post

I had a friend back in high school, who's family moved him down to NC because they didn't want their kid raised with the cultural influences up here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts