Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2022, 02:12 PM

21,831 posts, read 13,046,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
What benefit is there in picking on communities like Lawrence? The homeless are a problem in nearly EVERY urban area in America.
Yea but Lawrence…

They’re not white, so it’s like aghh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2022, 02:15 PM

3,802 posts, read 1,997,826 times
Quote:
What benefit is there in picking on communities like Lawrence? The homeless are a problem in nearly EVERY urban area in America.
I'm not picking on Lawrence, it's just the facts. True, but homelessness is a bigger problem in Lawrence compared to many other towns/cities in the state. Maybe they should take a cue from Worcester and their revitalization project.

Old 10-13-2022, 02:18 PM

24,574 posts, read 18,457,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
I'm not picking on Lawrence, it's just the facts. True, but homelessness is a bigger problem in Lawrence compared to many other towns/cities in the state. Maybe they should take a cue from Worcester and their revitalization project.

Boston has 1500 to 2000 homeless. Lawrence a small fraction of that. I guess we should bulldoze Boston. It's nothing but a bum lair.

Old 10-13-2022, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Boston has 1500 to 2000 homeless. Lawrence a small fraction of that. I guess we should bulldoze Boston. It's nothing but a bum lair.
Most of the Merrimack Valley's homeless population is in Lawrence.

Old 10-13-2022, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Oh, come on now - I don't know if that's supposed to be a joke, but the majority of people in Lawrence aren't living under bridges. Lawrence has problems, it has for a long time, but you're exaggerating them by 100X.
There are three basic categories of homeless people: Sheltered, meaning having a temporary reservation to a cot in an emergency shelter for overnight stays only; Unsheltered, meaning living in outdoor settings mostly; and Transitionally sheltered, referring to a wide range of temporary housing arrangements.

https://www.eagletribune.com/opinion...ccc9e3232.html

Old 10-13-2022, 02:33 PM

2,066 posts, read 1,090,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
But they dont really have immigrants either.

Google and Facebook arent in Boston.

But in general, I'm pretty sure St. Louis has more Fortune 500 businesses than Boston. It isnt all economy that makes places popular or grow. You certainly dont need biopharma- just look at Las Vegas.

As wel all know.. Boston MSA and Massachusetts would have lost ~1 million people over the last 50 years were it no for immigration. The immigrants are therefore directly fueling the expensive COL. Same as SF, NYC and Miami.
Quote:
Our homie here keeps telling unskilled, uneducated illegals are what makes cities great. Lawrence is overrun with unskilled, uneducated illegals...

Old 10-13-2022, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieWhitie View Post
Our homie here keeps telling unskilled, uneducated illegals are what makes cities great. Lawrence is overrun with unskilled, uneducated illegals...
There are many people who think Lawrence is a great city. In fact my college professor Xiaming Chen- dedicated a whole class period to the beauty of Lawrence as a success story.. do I agree- not really, but many many do.

Lawrence's crime rate is pretty low and its dramatically reduced poverty since 2010.

Mass. city turned its school system around

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgqRhe7V-Fo

Old 10-13-2022, 03:00 PM

12,716 posts, read 9,903,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
There are three basic categories of homeless people: Sheltered, meaning having a temporary reservation to a cot in an emergency shelter for overnight stays only; Unsheltered, meaning living in outdoor settings mostly; and Transitionally sheltered, referring to a wide range of temporary housing arrangements.

https://www.eagletribune.com/opinion...ccc9e3232.html
"Lawrence’s homeless coordinator, Kelly Frazier, says the city’s official homeless population is about 100."
See: https://www.eagletribune.com/news/me...fcdb68081.html

So even if the actual number is 3x the official number, it's still a small fraction of the total Lawrence population (80,000).

Old 10-13-2022, 03:02 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,160,747 times
Quote:
"Lawrence’s homeless coordinator, Kelly Frazier, says the city’s official homeless population is about 100."

So even if the actual number is 3x the official number, it's still a small fraction of the total Lawrence population (80,000).
I counted 80,001 people living on the streets last time I drove through. Those guv'mint types can't count. No one trusts them.

Besides, how many of the 80,000 that supposedly live there are illegals? I bet they triple count those to get all the extra benefits for them.

Old 10-13-2022, 03:07 PM

Quote:

Can you shut up with all you mumbo jumbo ‘logic’ and ‘facts’. Some good folks are here to express prejudice and faux concern! Take that book learnin somewhere else.

As far as NewEnglandGal and Westie White are concerned there’s. 240,000 illegal aliens living under the bridges of Lawrence MA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts