Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2022, 07:01 PM

3,626 posts, read 1,844,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Immigration has made Boston's hospitals worse. Anytime I go to a hospital which thankfully isn't often I feel like I'm in a 3rd world country. The day I gave birth to my daughter i was on the elevator with a 62 year old woman who didn't speak a word of English (South American) and she'd just had twins.

This is our country folks.
Ella no habla ingles but I have a sneaky suspicion her hospital bill was way less than yours. Amazing how that works and taxpayers get to foot the bill for this kind of stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2022, 07:01 PM

2,066 posts, read 1,073,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Sounds like you're looking for an assignment, bro...welcome to head down there, verify it for us, and help out the Border Patrol.
Want me to head down to NYC as well and have Adams personally confirm the current small batch of illegals is in fact costing the city a cool billion a year?

Old 10-13-2022, 07:02 PM

6,132 posts, read 5,103,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieWhitie View Post
Want me to head down to NYC as well and have Adams personally confirm the current small batch of illegals is in fact costing the city a cool billion a year?
Nah, I'm talking about the real border. The one you're claiming is "open".

Old 10-13-2022, 07:08 PM

16,412 posts, read 8,198,277 times
Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
Ella no habla ingles but I have a sneaky suspicion her hospital bill was way less than yours. Amazing how that works and taxpayers get to foot the bill for this kind of stuff.
I thought she was sick but a man was next to her smiling. He said to me in very broken English, this is my mother, she's 62 and she just had twins. I'm her older son. He was probably in his 30. I remember basically laughing and saying oh my god. I was 37 and my pregnancy was 'high risk' because of that. I can only imagine what hers was. Lord knows how many kids she already had. It crossed my mind that maybe she was a surrogate for someone else but I'm not so sure why the son would have been so happy. But she was probably having them Here so she could stay here and get all that special care from a Boston hospital because she decided to get pregnant at 62. Ugh.

But yes it's enraging that tax dollars get spent on that crap. No way in hell should a 62 year old ever be pregnant.

Old 10-13-2022, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Nah, I'm talking about the real border. The one you're claiming is "open".
So amigo, if the borders are not open as you claim did all those illegals a tiny fraction of whom is already costing NYC over a billion dollars and overwhelming its services magically poof themselves into existence out of thin air? Or perhaps teleport in, Star Trek style?

Old 10-14-2022, 02:09 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,259,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Ahhhh, there it is. Many are home owners, many are renters, and a small percentage are homeless (whether living in shelters or on the streets).
The US Census says 29.7% owner-occupied. So I guess those are the ones who buy a cardboard box to put under a bridge.

It’s trivial to stop the illegals problem forever. Just make it a felony with mandatory jail time to hire an illegal. Employers are already required to obtain an I-9 from every employee since the mid-1980s. Of course, scrubbing the toilets then starts costing $30/hour plus benefits to get a US citizen or green card holder to do the job. We’re never going to have immigration reform because rich people who benefit from the cheap labor won’t ever allow it.

Old 10-14-2022, 03:16 AM

12,441 posts, read 9,529,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
The US Census says 29.7% owner-occupied. So I guess those are the ones who buy a cardboard box to put under a bridge.

It’s trivial to stop the illegals problem forever. Just make it a felony with mandatory jail time to hire an illegal. Employers are already required to obtain an I-9 from every employee since the mid-1980s. Of course, scrubbing the toilets then starts costing $30/hour plus benefits to get a US citizen or green card holder to do the job. We’re never going to have immigration reform because rich people who benefit from the cheap labor won’t ever allow it.
My company is doing their annual I-9 reverification now, I had to go into the office for it. And yes, while there are certain problems that go along with illegal immigration, there are also certain benefits - like low cost labor and even work being done at all that native born residents don't want to do. I do wish we had better control over the situation and it wasn't such a circus. But I don't have this loathing, this contempt for these people that some do. My parents were immigrants, and they, my aunts and uncles spoke Dutch among themselves - that sound is for me, comforting. I don't look down on people with less education or income than myself - that's how I was raised - my mother said that her Dad taught her - you speak with everyone the same way, whether you're talking to the garbageman or the governor (and his dad was the governor). I find this thread depressing, to be honest, and won't follow it further.

Last edited by OutdoorLover; 10-14-2022 at 03:33 AM..

Old 10-14-2022, 04:57 AM

3,626 posts, read 1,844,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post

That means over 70% are not owner occupied thus supporting my point. Scrubbing toilets @ $30/hr sounds great. Then maybe lower skilled US Citizens would fill those jobs and be able to earn a living wage too.

Old 10-14-2022, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
My company is doing their annual I-9 reverification now, I had to go into the office for it. And yes, while there are certain problems that go along with illegal immigration, there are also certain benefits - like low cost labor and even work being done at all that native born residents don't want to do. I do wish we had better control over the situation and it wasn't such a circus. But I don't have this loathing, this contempt for these people that some do. My parents were immigrants, and they, my aunts and uncles spoke Dutch among themselves - that sound is for me, comforting. I don't look down on people with less education or income than myself - that's how I was raised - my mother said that her Dad taught her - you speak with everyone the same way, whether you're talking to the garbageman or the governor (and his dad was the governor). I find this thread depressing, to be honest, and won't follow it further.
Why is everyone conflating actual legal immigrants and the asylum jefe asylum herd of illegals who are currently bleeding the taxpayers dry, with just a few thousands of them costing NYC a billion dollars?

Old 10-14-2022, 06:59 AM

16,412 posts, read 8,198,277 times
Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieWhitie View Post
Why is everyone conflating actual legal immigrants and the asylum jefe asylum herd of illegals who are currently bleeding the taxpayers dry, with just a few thousands of them costing NYC a billion dollars?
Agree.

On that note many people find it depressing and maddening to have to share a country with people here illegally. Then they and their kids end up crowding our school systems, hospitals, roads, public transit, parks, museums, zoos, grocery stores, colleges, malls you name it. Many of us are tired of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts