Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2022, 10:06 AM

6,340 posts, read 5,266,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
So there are illegal immigrants who are physicians?

I'm not afraid of my kids competing with anybody. There's always someone to compete with. The education system is a mess along with the way universities function. But I've read stories of kids being here illegally who my tax dollars pay for then they get scholarships to college. So yeah that pisses me off.
You didn't say illegal. You said specifically immigrants in general have destroyed the health care system and schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2022, 10:15 AM

17,248 posts, read 8,851,755 times
As far as being patients, yes they have.

Many public schools are overrun thanks to the amount of people that come here by thousands every day illegal or not

Old 10-14-2022, 10:26 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,217,572 times
Quote:

Many public schools are overrun thanks to the amount of people that come here by thousands every day illegal or not
Public student enrollment in Massachusetts has been on a steady downward trend for 20 years, so how is it being overrun now?

Old 10-14-2022, 10:30 AM

6,340 posts, read 5,266,092 times
Quote:

Again--since you're pointing to immigrants in general, just know that nearly 1 in 3 physicians in the US were not born in the US. Good luck maintaining the same quality of care if you get rid of them.

Old 10-14-2022, 10:38 AM

24,574 posts, read 18,507,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Public student enrollment in Massachusetts has been on a steady downward trend for 20 years, so how is it being overrun now?
It's overrun with those nasty Spanish-speaking children.

It does put a lot of stress on special ed in urban school systems. The cherry sheet funds poor school systems but ESL programs and getting students up to grade level is a lot of expensive resources. If you need special ed resources in a Lexington or the W towns, there are relatively few children with special needs so the school department has the resources.

Old 10-14-2022, 10:43 AM

2,066 posts, read 1,095,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
I agree with the first half of your statement (I know, shock). As for the second half, I'm an immigrant myself bro, and I don't conflate. But what I do have is compassion, and an impatience for those who'd rather b**** than come up with actual policy solutions.

Our homie here as well as comandante timber, typical lefties, are quite disingenuously referring to the herds of uneducated, unskilled, unemployable fauxsylum illegals pouring across the border who will end up costing the taxpayers hundreds of billions if not trillions of dollars as immigrants meaning they make no distinction between the two groups. As for compassion I don’t know about you but I work for a living and I don’t want to be taxed into oblivion just because someone feels like being generous with someone else’s money.

Old 10-14-2022, 10:43 AM

Um yeah look at BPS.

Old 10-14-2022, 12:20 PM

This will only get worse. Wait and see how many people starting showing up as climate change causes crop failures, droughts, lack of electricity and mass migrations due to inhabitable land.

Seems like the only livable places on this planet are the US and Europe. People suck.

Old 10-14-2022, 12:29 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,217,572 times
Quote:
This will only get worse. Wait and see how many people starting showing up as climate change causes crop failures, droughts, lack of electricity and mass migrations due to inhabitable land.

Seems like the only livable places on this planet are the US and Europe. People suck.
So the people who use disproportionatly more energy and contribute the most to climate change per capita will suffer from it eventually?

Who wudda thunk it.

Old 10-14-2022, 01:19 PM

25,046 posts, read 11,463,624 times
Quote:

Thouands come to MA every day? Please give some sources and not "I hear". Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts