Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2022, 08:33 AM

17,261 posts, read 8,851,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
Is it any different with people in their 40s especially in that market?
No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2022, 08:34 AM

21,861 posts, read 13,120,260 times
its hard to reason with crazy townie yokels.

Old 10-15-2022, 08:37 AM

Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
If you're talking to me I'm not a townie. I've lived in a few different states, Dorchester a few years and I don't even live in the town I grew up in now. Good talk. I'm guessing anyone who is anti illegal immigration or who doesn't like the idea of affordable housing all over the place in their town is a townie.

Old 10-15-2022, 08:53 AM

2,066 posts, read 1,095,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
I know homie, must be tough when those subhuman animal savages dare to talk back instead of repenting, admitting their personal role in proliferation of global slavery and setting up a recurring $500 donation to their local BLM chapter

Old 10-15-2022, 09:17 AM

At the end of the day the world would be a much better place if other countries actually gave a sh@t about their country and made an attempt to make it a place that people wanted to stay in. If that never happens then there is always going to be this issue. Clearly many people do not want thousands of people coming to the US on a daily basis. People here want to keep the US a good place to live and there are a lot of issues right now that are only likely to get worse. It isn't sustainable for the US to take on everyone from all the problem countries. Not sure why that is so hard to admit.

Old 10-15-2022, 09:22 AM

2,066 posts, read 1,095,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
At the end of the day the world would be a much better place if other countries actually gave a sh@t about their country and made an attempt to make it a place that people wanted to stay in. If that never happens then there is always going to be this issue. Clearly many people do not want thousands of people coming to the US on a daily basis. People here want to keep the US a good place to live and there are a lot of issues right now that are only likely to get worse. It isn't sustainable for the US to take on everyone from all the problem countries. Not sure why that is so hard to admit.
It's all about future votes and nothing else. Same lefties that demand we welcome the southern border fauxsylum herds with open arms to add to the permanent democrat-voting welfare underclass are openly hostile to Ukrainian war refugees who actually do qualify for asylum because these tend to be white, educated, relatively conservative, often religious, able to support themselves and very likely to check the incorrect box on the ballot.

Last edited by WestieWhitie; 10-15-2022 at 09:31 AM..

Old 10-15-2022, 10:47 AM

26,667 posts, read 28,928,945 times
Quote:
"I am sure" and an article without disclosed/accessible sources is what you base your opinion on?

Please read up a bit on "setting up camp until they can get a green card".
I think if you have "set up camp" already, you are not eligible for a green card. Getting a green card is the legal way. Setting up camp/living here without permission disqualifies you.

We need to set a decent policy for asylum seekers and stick to it. It should not include sending them all over the country to supposedly return for their hearing.

Old 10-15-2022, 10:58 AM

25,054 posts, read 11,463,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I think if you have "set up camp" already, you are not eligible for a green card. Getting a green card is the legal way. Setting up camp/living here without permission disqualifies you.

We need to set a decent policy for asylum seekers and stick to it. It should not include sending them all over the country to supposedly return for their hearing.
Again "I think".

Old 10-15-2022, 11:42 AM

5,222 posts, read 2,802,347 times
Quote:
"I am sure" and an article without disclosed/accessible sources is what you base your opinion on?

Please read up a bit on "setting up camp until they can get a green card".
It's called knowing what's going on in the world combined with logic. There are exponentially more people entering this country unlawfully than between 2007 and 2017. Logically it follows that the number is higher. Logically, it follows that the actual number will be higher than the "self-reported" number. The sources, BTW, are right in the article. Do some basic research if you're capable. Telling people to "read up" is what you base your opinion on? Implying that an article isn't sourced is what you base your opinion on?

And are you arguing that people don't get visitor visas with the full intention of migrating and then set up camp here until such time as they are eligible for permanent residency? Well, they do. And they do so in tens to hundreds of thousands each year. Telling me to "read up" on them isn't a point. I'm very much aware of what's going on and I read quite a lot, quite frequently.

Last edited by bostongymjunkie; 10-15-2022 at 12:19 PM..

Old 10-15-2022, 11:53 AM

5,222 posts, read 2,802,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post

But you can be. All it takes is a US citizen spouse or family to file an immigrant petition on your behalf. If you don't have security or admissibility issues you're most likely going to get that green card. Even if you overstayed your visa by years. The immigration laws have many loopholes some of which were intended to keep migrating families together but have been abused to the point they need to be changed. That's one example. If you overstay you should be required to leave the US and then wait a certain number of years before applying.

Last edited by bostongymjunkie; 10-15-2022 at 12:14 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts