Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2022, 03:30 PM

6,325 posts, read 5,257,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieWhitie View Post
Amigo, are you telling me NYC, SF and Portland shenanigans are not happening? Yes or no?
Fake news, alternative facts, whatever your favorite synonym is for BS. Where are they being allowed to vote in federal or state elections?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2022, 03:45 PM

2,066 posts, read 1,094,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Fake news, alternative facts, whatever your favorite synonym is for BS. Where are they being allowed to vote in federal or state elections?
I didn't quite catch it amigo, was that yes or a no?

Old 10-27-2022, 04:00 PM

17,168 posts, read 8,817,591 times
Default anon

Quote:
I think you're inadvertently proving my point...which was made tongue-in-cheek in response to a certain other poster here.
I have no idea. I'm just sayin'..dont assume someone who moved from a 3rd world country will vote in the way that YOU want them to or will vote at all. Some people are too lazy to vote and could care less.

Old 10-27-2022, 04:03 PM

5,216 posts, read 2,796,064 times
Many of the immigrants who come to the US are actually very traditional and socially conservative. They may be looking to leave the situations in their home nations but they don't just abandon their beliefs and culture when they come here.

Old 10-27-2022, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I have no idea. I'm just sayin'..dont assume someone who moved from a 3rd world country will vote in the way that YOU want them to or will vote at all. Some people are too lazy to vote and could care less.
Well, I certainly agree with that. So to assert that Democrats want these folks to all come here illegally, have babies, so that 18 yrs from now they can have a bunch of new voters who will support them, is a bit absurd, wouldn't you say?

Old 10-27-2022, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieWhitie View Post
I didn't quite catch it amigo, was that yes or a no?
Thought I was pretty clear. NO. Because they're not allowed to vote in federal or state elections anywhere in the country.

Old 10-27-2022, 04:34 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,202,891 times
Quote:
Thought I was pretty clear. NO. Because they're not allowed to vote in federal or state elections anywhere in the country.
Good ole taxation without representation.

Old 10-27-2022, 04:35 PM

'Under Massachusetts law, DHCD is required to provide shelter for eligible households with children under the age of 21 or pregnant people, including those who have recently arrived in the state. The agency said it uses motels when there are no vacancies in the shelter system and said it provides the families with services and meals.'

So when it comes migrants someone between the ages of 18 and 21 is a child ? Just pathetic.

Old 10-27-2022, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
Many of the immigrants who come to the US are actually very traditional and socially conservative. They may be looking to leave the situations in their home nations but they don't just abandon their beliefs and culture when they come here.
I actually agree with this (don't fall off your chair ). That's another reason why I find the replacement theory so preposterous.

Old 10-27-2022, 04:46 PM

These people just seem to be getting dropped off in random locations. Methuen and Kingston ?Apparently it has to do with what hotels will take people in. The baymont is pretty shady looking with cheap rates. It's right next to a Mexican restaurant that I've been to a few times. I almost find it funny that they ended up in Kingston which is an overall middle class town with hardworking people who probably aren't open to the idea of paying for illegals and having them go to school with their kids. The baymont is also like a 1/4 of a mile from the elementary school so people are freaking out worried that these folks aren't vetted and how dare they be so close to a school. For the record I don't live in Kingston but I do live on the south shore so this hits close to home. Maybe Cancun and baymont will get some new hires out of the deal.

But why not send them to Cambridge or Somerville? Or that hotel in Dorchester people want to use as a homeless shelter? Are they purposely being kept away from Boston ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts