Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2022, 09:49 AM

12,870 posts, read 22,026,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
tbh Boston is as vibrant as I have ever seen it, outside of the Back Bay.
I'd agree for the most part, but Canal has always been borderline and it's kind of sad now. Many of the businesses there relied very heavily on TD Garden traffic. When COVID forced the Garden to hit pause, the street took a big hit. The Fours, BSG, and Beerworks all went out in the last 2 years. The lack of office workers also hurt the stretch. A couple of coffee shops, Ski Monster, and Popover King went out.

Old 10-21-2022, 10:13 AM

12,169 posts, read 8,014,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
I'd agree for the most part, but Canal has always been borderline and it's kind of sad now. Many of the businesses there relied very heavily on TD Garden traffic. When COVID forced the Garden to hit pause, the street took a big hit. The Fours, BSG, and Beerworks all went out in the last 2 years. The lack of office workers also hurt the stretch. A couple of coffee shops, Ski Monster, and Popover King went out.
Good point.

North End, Seaport, Cambridge/Somerville definitely benefited.

Old 10-21-2022, 11:04 AM

1,708 posts, read 2,911,951 times
Quote:
I went to Northeastern and had season tickets to the Bruins so my areas to frequent were always in that area. The amount of places that have memories for my wife (Wentworth) and I are down to like 1 (Penguin pizza) below are some of the casualties, most to COVID but not all.

Mission Hill: Flanns

Northeastern: Punters, Connors, Our House, Chicken Lous, even Unos!

Boylston: McGreevy's, Pour House, Crossroads Pub

North Station: Sports Grill, Beer Works, The Fours.

Yet some how the (not so) Greatest bar continues on!

I don't expect places to all stay the same but man its been quite a shutter of my college hang out spots circa 2010.

Old 10-22-2022, 07:09 AM

2,710 posts, read 1,733,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston_Burbs View Post
I went to Northeastern and had season tickets to the Bruins so my areas to frequent were always in that area. The amount of places that have memories for my wife (Wentworth) and I are down to like 1 (Penguin pizza) below are some of the casualties, most to COVID but not all.

Mission Hill: Flanns

Northeastern: Punters, Connors, Our House, Chicken Lous, even Unos!

Boylston: McGreevy's, Pour House, Crossroads Pub

North Station: Sports Grill, Beer Works, The Fours.

Yet some how the (not so) Greatest bar continues on!

I don't expect places to all stay the same but man its been quite a shutter of my college hang out spots circa 2010.
We used to go clubbing and I asked a girl in her 20s if she's been to the alley with Liquor Store, Estate and a few others near Emerson College. That place used to be packed on weekends. She had no idea what I was talking about. Turns out the entire alley got shut down around 2015 or so.

Old 10-24-2022, 07:49 AM

12,870 posts, read 22,026,395 times
massachoicetts, did your friend end up getting to a bar for one of the games? That was as short of an ALCS as there could be (unfortunately for the Yankees).

Old 10-24-2022, 07:56 AM

Quote:
massachoicetts, did your friend end up getting to a bar for one of the games? That was as short of an ALCS as there could be (unfortunately for the Yankees).
I just asked and she watched it with her bf (A Sox fan lol from New York, tell me how any of this makes any sense please lol) in their apartment in Brookline.

I told her about the ones reccomended and she will probably go there next year or to watch the nets.

Old 04-10-2023, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Greatest Bar, oh yeah.. for sure.

Old 04-10-2023, 09:41 AM

8,498 posts, read 4,561,677 times
The Yankees are likely to make new inroads in RI given the state is no longer part of Red Sox Nation after the team chose to abandon it. The state has long had many Yankee fans already in place going backs many decades with people of Italian heritage following the Yankees because years ago many of their players shared that same heritage.

Old 04-10-2023, 09:44 AM

17,742 posts, read 9,192,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
The Yankees are likely to make new inroads in RI given the state is no longer part of Red Sox Nation after the team chose to abandon it.
BS it's not.

Old 04-10-2023, 09:46 AM

8,498 posts, read 4,561,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
BS it's not.

Red Sox Nation now ends at the Pawtucket border as the team has no tangible connection to the state of RI these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts