Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2023, 01:48 PM

3,620 posts, read 1,844,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I wouldn't say obsessed but I do wonder sometimes about what people are making or if they even should be buying all that they are. Sure many can afford it but others try to keep up with the Jones's so matter what. Not sure why people thinking about what others spend money on bothers you ? People wonder about a lot of what others do. Who they vote for, how they parent, do they drink, how often do they have sex lol. You seems pretty irritated by people wondering what folks spend money on.
He gets just as irritated whenever someone posts about mortgages---guess it bugs him some like to see the trends of what folks are putting down on different priced homes/different towns!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2023, 01:49 PM

1,541 posts, read 1,125,554 times
I’d be curious to see what the average buyer looks like right now. How many buyers are outside of the traditional debt-to-income parameters banks use to underwrite? With very low house inventory, higher rates, and lenders tightening up due to forecasting recession I have to think only the strongest buyers are winning bids.

I don’t see prices going down without a serious recession, one where unemployment is 2-3x higher and we’re all afraid of losing our jobs. There isn’t going to be some magic wand that causes prices to decline on it’s own.

Old 05-07-2023, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplexsimon View Post
I’d be curious to see what the average buyer looks like right now. How many buyers are outside of the traditional debt-to-income parameters banks use to underwrite? With very low house inventory, higher rates, and lenders tightening up due to forecasting recession I have to think only the strongest buyers are winning bids.

I don’t see prices going down without a serious recession, one where unemployment is 2-3x higher and we’re all afraid of losing our jobs. There isn’t going to be some magic wand that causes prices to decline on it’s own.
All you have to do is pick a town of your interest, look up mortgages in the registry of recently solds and that will quickly give you a pretty good idea of what you're looking to find out! I saw one yesterday that was 100% financed...as in 0 down! This was for a $640K house too. I was shocked...didn't think banks allowed that anymore.

Old 05-07-2023, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
I didn't realize it has an Amazon warehouse behind it. I pulled it up on street view and looked like a nice residential neighborhood of pristine manicured properties. That's even more bizarre someone thought the need to offer $300K over list for a home already priced at over $1M....now they get to live abutting a warehouse.
I’m familiar with the neighborhood. There’s no through traffic for Amazon delivery vehicles. Can’t say the same for Forbes Rd and Everett St.

Old 05-07-2023, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
All you have to do is pick a town of your interest, look up mortgages in the registry of recently solds and that will quickly give you a pretty good idea of what you're looking to find out! I saw one yesterday that was 100% financed...as in 0 down! This was for a $640K house too. I was shocked...didn't think banks allowed that anymore.
Ah interesting, who is the lender? That is aggressive especially these days. And it’s a loan that will sit on the bank’s books as it’s not going to be eligible to be sold to Fannie/Freddie.

Old 05-07-2023, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Ah interesting, who is the lender? That is aggressive especially these days. And it’s a loan that will sit on the bank’s books as it’s not going to be eligible to be sold to Fannie/Freddie.
Keybank

Old 05-07-2023, 02:11 PM

23,565 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Quote:
There isn’t going to be some magic wand that causes prices to decline on it’s own.

I keep saying it over and over again. People can't hold onto their homes forever, eventually people will have to start selling again.

Also with the national debt situation, an economy that has become dependent on government handouts and deficit spending is going to face a day of reckoning sometime in the future. It ain't going to be pretty.

Old 05-07-2023, 02:17 PM

16,405 posts, read 8,198,277 times
Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
I keep saying it over and over again. People can't hold onto their homes forever, eventually people will have to start selling again.

Also with the national debt situation, an economy that has become dependent on government handouts and deficit spending is going to face a day of reckoning sometime in the future. It ain't going to be pretty.
Why can't people hold on to homes forever ?

Old 05-07-2023, 02:19 PM

16,405 posts, read 8,198,277 times
Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeugh View Post
Some people do. The vast majority don't. There are always some weirdos out there though.
Many people take an interest in human behavior. I was bring somewhat sarcastic with some of the things I mentioned earlier. You're kidding yourself if you don't think people are curious about how so many afford a 1.5 to 2m home. Particularly the one income households.

Old 05-07-2023, 02:27 PM

2,710 posts, read 1,733,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post

A lot of seniors pass on their homes to their kids though. So they never really go on sale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts