Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2023, 05:01 PM

6,573 posts, read 6,740,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachcomber4 View Post
Don’t disagree. But he has been arrested for misleading police and the ground search has been suspended. Why?
Why do you think? It's often predictable how these situations turn out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2023, 06:19 PM

16,407 posts, read 8,198,277 times
I'm sure they just wanted a reason to arrest him. The guy is shady AF.

Old 01-09-2023, 05:53 AM

12,432 posts, read 9,529,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
Why do you think? It's often predictable how these situations turn out.
Yes, unfortunately, family relations can be toxic, and when there is a murder, it's not rare that the culprit is a family member.

Old 01-09-2023, 05:58 AM

1,541 posts, read 1,125,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabfan84 View Post
Doesn't add up. Who leaves at 4am on New Years Day to catch a flight for a work emergency? For someone in a white-collar job you'd think almost any work issue could be handled remotely.
Article says she works in real estate and that one of the properties she manages had an issue that needed immediate attention. The employer reported her missing as well (probably why FBI got involved). Unless they're in cahoots with the husband, the DC trip was legit.

Old 01-09-2023, 06:35 AM

17,310 posts, read 22,046,867 times
Safe to assume she is dead...........over a week and no cell phone/credit card use.

Husband is arrested to put pressure on him to tell the rest of his story.

My guess, the employer knew there was trouble at home and when she didn't show up for work they called it in. If the employer was a good looking guy her age +/- 10 years........there could be a romantic connection going on.

Old 01-09-2023, 07:07 AM

If she really did have to leave at 430am on NYE for an 'emergency' that no one else in the DC area could handle that seems unfortunate. It's not Like she's in the medical profession. Whatever it was it seems like an exec in her position shouldn't have had to leave in the middle of the night on a holiday the way she did. She apparently made the choice to only see her kids on the weekends while being in DC all week. I still suspect she was happy to get away from hubby and that was why she did it.

I guess none of that matters now. I suspect she's dead as well. Best case scenario would be she's being held hostage by someone her hubby had bad dealings with. It was probably the husband though.

Old 01-09-2023, 07:44 AM

6,130 posts, read 5,098,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
If she really did have to leave at 430am on NYE for an 'emergency' that no one else in the DC area could handle that seems unfortunate. It's not Like she's in the medical profession. Whatever it was it seems like an exec in her position shouldn't have had to leave in the middle of the night on a holiday the way she did. She apparently made the choice to only see her kids on the weekends while being in DC all week. I still suspect she was happy to get away from hubby and that was why she did it.

I guess none of that matters now. I suspect she's dead as well. Best case scenario would be she's being held hostage by someone her hubby had bad dealings with. It was probably the husband though.
First of all, she was supposed to fly out on NY day, not NYE, and that's not unusual given Monday Jan 2 may have been a normal working day for many. If you read the Globe article from Saturday, this was not atypical for her. She was a long distance commuter to DC for the past several months, coming home only for the weekends.

Old 01-09-2023, 07:55 AM

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
First of all, she was supposed to fly out on NY day, not NYE, and that's not unusual given Monday Jan 2 may have been a normal working day for many. If you read the Globe article from Saturday, this was not atypical for her. She was a long distance commuter to DC for the past several months, coming home only for the weekends.
Yes, I know all that, I've been following this closely...either way it seems weird to me that she would be leaving at 4:30am on NYE for a real estate emergency. If she had made to DC alive and well obviously no one would be dissecting her work schedule but to many it is a strange situation.

Old 01-09-2023, 08:12 AM

10,022 posts, read 15,665,421 times
Monday, Jan 2nd was a federal holiday. I'm sure most RE offices were closed. I wonder what the emergency was?

Old 01-09-2023, 08:15 AM

2,202 posts, read 5,357,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
Monday, Jan 2nd was a federal holiday. I'm sure most RE offices were closed. I wonder what the emergency was?
Or if there actually was one…her office only reported her missing when she didn’t show up on 1/3- her expected return date.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts