Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2023, 03:20 PM

21,637 posts, read 12,785,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
Looks like only Blacks can talk about Night Clubs or even offer opinions , talk about stereotyping this may open up a whole kettle of fish.
Only people who go to black nightclubs can talk about black nightclubs.

This isn't a black nightclub though so you're in the clear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2023, 04:34 PM

2,710 posts, read 1,736,446 times
I haven't been to a nightclub since I was like 25. Felt too old for the crowd at that point.

Old 06-22-2023, 05:13 PM

5,792 posts, read 5,109,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Based off the family nature (pictures with her kids and family), it's dated looking design, and it's opening event revolving around a school, and the fact that it is not a night club....it seems like a family-oriented wedding recpeetion or graduation venue. Great place for an over the top baby shower. Not a nightlife destination.

It feels like if my mom had a reception hall. Definitely doesn't speak to her nightclub experience in the article.
.but yeah, duh- 95% of nightclubs are owned by middle age people, this isn't that and she doesn't ‘give’ nightclub owner. At all.

Wish her the best of luck.
Actually, I am happy for Brockton that this middle aged woman is taking such a risk to open a venue like this, and that it looks more geared toward family events like graduation and showers, and NOT a true "nightclub". At the risk of sounding unkind or unPC, do you really think a "nightclub" will end well in a city like Brockton??? At 2 am, with roudy young folks intoxicated with drugs and drinks being loud etc etc etc? Another Brockton Police nightmare in the making every weekend.... I think that scenario would be the last thing Brockton needs because it will just bring even more bad press to a city with already a bad reputation. So yes, this is a good thing for Brockton.

Old 06-22-2023, 05:29 PM

2,710 posts, read 1,736,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Actually, I am happy for Brockton that this middle aged woman is taking such a risk to open a venue like this, and that it looks more geared toward family events like graduation and showers, and NOT a true "nightclub". At the risk of sounding unkind or unPC, do you really think a "nightclub" will end well in a city like Brockton??? At 2 am, with roudy young folks intoxicated with drugs and drinks being loud etc etc etc? Another Brockton Police nightmare in the making every weekend.... I think that scenario would be the last thing Brockton needs because it will just bring even more bad press to a city with already a bad reputation. So yes, this is a good thing for Brockton.
I agree. They can host school dances, weddings etc. But those are more like weekend events. Hopefully the restaurant part survives.

Old 06-22-2023, 05:50 PM

5,114 posts, read 2,668,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Youre out of the loop though. That's obvious.
What's obvious is that I'm not in your loop. And for that, I'm quite grateful.

Old 06-22-2023, 06:05 PM

5,114 posts, read 2,668,728 times
Quote:
Lmfao.... you're asking this question of someone who would like to see a night club on as many corners as 7-11 and CVS combined, regardless of what the residents want.

Old 06-22-2023, 08:07 PM

959 posts, read 539,460 times
Quote:
I agree!
We used to live in Easton in the beginning of 2000s and even then Brockton wasn't a very safe town. Our son participated in their hockey program so we were there often... Now I am reading some pretty scary news. They probably need some venues like this rather than night clubs.

I wish well this lady who took this risk.

Old 06-23-2023, 07:01 AM

12,169 posts, read 8,014,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl View Post
I agree!
We used to live in Easton in the beginning of 2000s and even then Brockton wasn't a very safe town. Our son participated in their hockey program so we were there often... Now I am reading some pretty scary news. They probably need some venues like this rather than night clubs.

I wish well this lady who took this risk.
lol my cousin lived in Easton and played Hockey there from 2001 to 2008.

Old 06-23-2023, 10:56 AM

8,555 posts, read 10,981,308 times
Once again I find myself asking, What happened to Brockton?
Every post having to do with Brockton tells of a less than desirable place to live.
I was born in Brockton.
Family moved to Avon when I was 4 years old.
Spent most of my teens and early adulthood in Brockton where most of my friends lived.
I remember it as a great place to live ,work, and socialize.
Now from what I read it is nothing like I remember.
I know nothing last forever, but something happened to Brockton.
What happened?

How did it turn from a desirable community to what people are saying about it now?
There has to be a reason for it's demise.
Was it city/ state government that ran afoul of the citizens of Brockton?
Was the city overtaken by a less desirable citizenry?
Social decay does not happen overnight, something happened to turn this once desirable city into what is being portrayed as a less than desirable place to live.

Someone, or something has to be responsible for what has happened to Brockton.
It didn't just happen on it's own.
Can some of you Massachusetts people enlighten me as to what happened to Brockton?
Thanks.

Old 06-23-2023, 11:33 AM

12,870 posts, read 22,035,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Once again I find myself asking, What happened to Brockton?
Every post having to do with Brockton tells of a less than desirable place to live.
I was born in Brockton.
Family moved to Avon when I was 4 years old.
Spent most of my teens and early adulthood in Brockton where most of my friends lived.
I remember it as a great place to live ,work, and socialize.
Now from what I read it is nothing like I remember.
I know nothing last forever, but something happened to Brockton.
What happened?

How did it turn from a desirable community to what people are saying about it now?
There has to be a reason for it's demise.
Was it city/ state government that ran afoul of the citizens of Brockton?
Was the city overtaken by a less desirable citizenry?
Social decay does not happen overnight, something happened to turn this once desirable city into what is being portrayed as a less than desirable place to live.

Someone, or something has to be responsible for what has happened to Brockton.
It didn't just happen on it's own.
Can some of you Massachusetts people enlighten me as to what happened to Brockton?
Thanks.
Industry left. It's the same story that played out across the rust belt and the smaller/mid-size industrial towns in MA. The city grew and prospered thanks to the growth of the textile industry (shoes in particular), and it declined when that industry (and the thousands of jobs it provided) left for greener (cheaper) pastures.

You could probably spend a lot of time debating whether or not the local/state/federal government did enough to keep Brockton (and any industrial city) competitive and if enough effort is being made to revitalize the city. But ultimately, when the jobs left, so did the skilled workforce and many of the prosperous residents. So you're left with the shell of what once was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts