Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2024, 02:49 PM

2,435 posts, read 1,319,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
Is inflation starting to pinch the wallets of multi millionaires now too?? I'm surprised to see this one still sitting....16 Great Rock Rd, Hingham, MA 02043 | MLS #73190690 | Zillow
Or the multimillionaires looking to buy right now aren't interested in that much cookie-cutter space in a McMansion in Hingham.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2024, 03:01 PM

23,540 posts, read 18,687,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by id77 View Post
Or the multimillionaires looking to buy right now aren't interested in that much cookie-cutter space in a McMansion in Hingham.

"Cookie cutter"?

Old 03-11-2024, 03:01 PM

12,833 posts, read 22,009,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by id77 View Post
I actually looked at the photos from the front and thought that it actually looked pretty well done for a McMansion. Not quite the absurd mishmash of unnecessary features I'm used to and the garage isn't completely disproportionate to the rest of the house. Then I saw the side and rear. Yuck. My opinion matters not because I couldn't afford this even if I wanted to. But I do think there are buyers who can afford $3,000,000 and want something a little more than 7,000 generic square feet on a cul-de-sac.

Old 03-11-2024, 03:37 PM

10,008 posts, read 15,656,467 times
For a 7,000 sq. ft. house it only has 4 bedrooms.

Old 03-11-2024, 04:01 PM

3,602 posts, read 1,831,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
I actually looked at the photos from the front and thought that it actually looked pretty well done for a McMansion. Not quite the absurd mishmash of unnecessary features I'm used to and the garage isn't completely disproportionate to the rest of the house. Then I saw the side and rear. Yuck. My opinion matters not because I couldn't afford this even if I wanted to. But I do think there are buyers who can afford $3,000,000 and want something a little more than 7,000 generic square feet on a cul-de-sac.
That's what I thought and why I actually like the front....looks pretty classic and stately...doesn't have all those odd multiple roof angles like some mcmansions. Side and rear doesn't bother me....it looks like it has a private backyard which is the key thing...not in a fish bowl with neighbors directly on every side. Inside is nice too...pretty simple, clean, vanilla but still that is so much better than some of the more gaudy mcmansions of late.

Old 03-11-2024, 04:35 PM

24,558 posts, read 18,244,243 times
Quote:
It wouldn’t be so jarring in the back if it were landscaped reasonably. For a 2005 house, it’s really spartan. It looks like the builder sprayed grass seed in 2005 and it hasn’t been touched since beyond mowing it.

Old 03-11-2024, 04:44 PM

3,602 posts, read 1,831,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
It wouldn’t be so jarring in the back if it were landscaped reasonably. For a 2005 house, it’s really spartan. It looks like the builder sprayed grass seed in 2005 and it hasn’t been touched since beyond mowing it.
Jarring in the back if it were landscaped reasonably???? What do you call this??? Look at pic #41....looks pretty serene to me. Slate patio could use a powerwash but....I see lots of trees and greenery. 16 Great Rock Rd, Hingham, MA 02043 | MLS #73190690 | Zillow

Old 03-12-2024, 08:02 AM

2,435 posts, read 1,319,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
"Cookie cutter"?
Irfox covered it below with 'generic'. This house has no character, it looks like a bigger version of a typical 2000s mass-produced home.

Quote:
The first pic in the listing convinced me it was a McMansion. The excessive use of dormer windows, the multiple roofline angles (though admittedly more subtle than on some), the columned entrance...there's enough there. They snuck in some drop ceilings later on too, because why not cut one more corner?

Credit to the builder for avoiding obscene use of stone facades at least.

Old 03-12-2024, 08:24 AM

353 posts, read 138,583 times
Quote:
OH lord, that side/rear perspective is truly awful. You really weren't kidding.

Old 03-12-2024, 08:48 AM

220 posts, read 115,873 times
It's fairly well staged. Big beautiful home. But I can't imagine the salaries/networth necessary to cover just taxes, insurance, cleaning, building and grounds maintenance, heat, etc.

Incredible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts