Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 12:00 PM

10 posts, read 163,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFan13 View Post
Have you considered Burlington? Right on 128 with a short commute to Lexington/Waltham areas along with easy access to both rts. 93 and 3. You would probably be able to find a home in your budget and the taxes are the lowest of any other community in the area.
Thanks for the suggestion. I looked up citydata info on Burlington and found out the crime rate is the highest in its surrounding neighhood at 216.6, is it really unsafe in Burlington like the statistics indicate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 12:57 PM

4 posts, read 11,888 times
I am guessing the majority of crime in Burlington is related to the Mall and office parks which run along the highways and aren't really near any neighborhoods.

Old 07-07-2009, 10:46 AM

1,270 posts, read 5,416,817 times
Default Wakefield

I think Wakefield is the perfect fit for you

lots to do , lots of recreation options,
services right in town , commuter rail to Boston

close to major highways

good schools

it would only be about a 20 minute drive without traffic to Burlington Mall or Peabody North Shore mall

overall a great culturally diverse community close to Boston

you'll love the Lake Quanapowitt and the Breakheart Reservation --
also next door melrose has a nice area for walking in the neighborhoods

So i'd say either Wakefield or Melrose

but Wakefield would be the first choice

Burlington is nice, but is a bit crowded by the mall-middlesex turnpike and a bit far from Boston

also less commuter options --

I wish there were more busses to the commuter rail lines in Burlington

they should have a bus route to Waltham via 128

Old 07-18-2009, 01:43 PM

304 posts, read 774,622 times
If you are checking out Wakefield, you should check out Melrose too. They both have very cute downtowns and the commute to Lexington from either wouldn't be too bad. You should check out houses/condos in both towns and just purchase the one you like best--both towns are very similar. Stoneham too is right around there and would be an easier commute because it is closer to the highways near Lexington.

Waltham does have a cute downtown area (Moody Street) with lots of nice restaurants. It would be a short commute to Lexington from the other side of town. I agree if you aren't concerned with the school systems, it gives you a lot more options. Arlington is also a lot of fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts