Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 12:34 PM

65 posts, read 248,628 times

Advertisements

cool.
and i just meant neighborhood, not ghetto-hood. was just typing fast...
thanks for the info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2010, 02:46 PM

anyone ever do the work commute from worcester to newton? wondering how sane or insane it might be... is providence-newton a closer commute?

Old 02-03-2010, 08:07 AM

29 posts, read 87,972 times
the ease of a commute from worcester to newton really depends on where you live in worcester. If you live closer to the east side off grafton street or closer to milbury, you will be close to the mass pike...reducing your commuting time by atleast 15 minutes. If your on the west side, it will take you atleast 15 mintues to get to 1-290 to take you to the mass pike. once your on the pike, with NO traffic it should take you 35 minutes to get to newton, 45 minutes - 1 hour (sometimes more) WITH traffic.

In the past i've commuted from worcester to boston and the traffic in the morning would start backing up between 495 and framingham on the eastbound side. traffic would be your biggest annoyance BUT it is do-able.

Old 02-05-2010, 07:39 AM

hello everyone. i have two job interviews this monday; one in newton and one in west boylston. i'm interested in living in worcester, but don't know the city at all. your info and suggestions have been really helpful. does anyone know of a tour or guide service for the city? i'd like to look around at a few neighborhoods for potential apartments, but i'd just be driving around aimlessly. i'm not interested in seeing the burbs or the surrounding communities; focusing on being IN the city. i've got about three or so hours to kill between interview... any input or ideas would be much appreciated.

Old 04-19-2010, 07:23 PM

14 posts, read 70,971 times
Also checkout Lake Ave right on the Shrewsbury line....you will be near white city shopping and minutes from the city of Worcester. Nice area on Lake Ave!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts