Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 08:27 PM

14 posts, read 56,287 times

Advertisements

Thanks everyone! I checked on U-verse and it's not available at the address where we'll be renting so unfortunately that's out. My parents have it and also love it.

So, it seems like the only other options are Comcast or DirecTV. I'll probably just stick with Comcast for everything as it seems easier since we're renting and bundling everything together is convenient. Hopefully we'll buy a house in a year or two and by then can get U-verse there. Or if not, I'll check into DirecTV more extensively once we have our own place.

Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2010, 03:34 PM

738 posts, read 2,576,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carol37 View Post
Thanks everyone! I checked on U-verse and it's not available at the address where we'll be renting so unfortunately that's out. My parents have it and also love it.

So, it seems like the only other options are Comcast or DirecTV. I'll probably just stick with Comcast for everything as it seems easier since we're renting and bundling everything together is convenient. Hopefully we'll buy a house in a year or two and by then can get U-verse there. Or if not, I'll check into DirecTV more extensively once we have our own place.

Thanks again!
IF I were you, I'd give DirecTV a call before you go with Comcast. They can bundle with AT&T for internet and phone, they make it very easy. They also have a move package, since you already are planning on moving in a year or two, they move and reinstall the dishes and boxes when you go. I have experienced both, and DirecTV customer service blows Comcast's out of the water. One phone call to DirecTV would show you if I'm wrong or right.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:53 PM

80 posts, read 267,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColliervilleMom View Post
Uverse in not available here.
Heard we're getting FIOS, but not holding my breath.
Really? Just Collierville or the whole area?

Old 07-15-2010, 06:41 AM

278 posts, read 993,370 times
I use DirecTV and I have ZERO complaints. I use the DVR all the time, and I have another receiver in the bedroom.

I have Comcast internet, and I'm thinking about switching soon. I've never heard of U-verse until I read this thread. It is available at my house. I also didn't know that you could bundle DirecTV and AT&T, I am going to look into that. I'm thinking about switching away from Comcast because it is $50.00/month for the speed I get. A little pricey.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:05 AM

738 posts, read 2,576,460 times
I have an DirecTV iPhone app, so if someone tells me about a show I should watch, I launch the app from anywhere on my iPhone, choose what I want to DVR, and in witch room. It's very cool...and it's free.

Old 07-15-2010, 05:38 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,912,795 times
For those that have DirecTV, have you tried the multi-room option with the two or more receivers (one has to be a DVR). With two or more DVR's you will see a combined list of all programs and you can choose to watch any of them. It will stream from one DVR to the other for viewing. With a single DVR and a regular receiver you can view DVR programming on the regular receiver.

I know these work with the high def boxes but I'm not sure about non-HD. Further details can be found at the best satellite forum on the web - DBSTalk.Com

Old 07-15-2010, 05:55 PM

2,353 posts, read 5,376,903 times
I would just go with Concast. There customer service dept is absolutely terrible, and IMO would be better off being run by monkeys. The alternative of Dish Network doesn't work for me as I had them out once and because of all the massive trees the only place they found they could mount there dish was in the center of my front yard

I'm really kinda glad it didn't work out because everytime we get a Tornado Warning my neighbor comes over here to hang because there dish is out. This is one time when IMPO it is vital to know whats going on

Oh yea, I live in the Chickasaw Gardens area also, so howdy neighbor

Old 07-15-2010, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyCop View Post
I use DirecTV and I have ZERO complaints. I use the DVR all the time, and I have another receiver in the bedroom.

I have Comcast internet, and I'm thinking about switching soon. I've never heard of U-verse until I read this thread. It is available at my house. I also didn't know that you could bundle DirecTV and AT&T, I am going to look into that. I'm thinking about switching away from Comcast because it is $50.00/month for the speed I get. A little pricey.
This is a true story. I would not lie to a lawman

My freind just recentally signed up to get cable/internet service through Concast. Well, he hooked up with a guy named Cecil that works out of Best Buy@ Wolfchase. It seems Cecil has quite the hookup as my freind got the standard free installation, but is also only paying $61.50(total w/taxes)for both digital tv and hi-speed internet service.

I honestly didn't beleive there bill would only be this much, but I saw it for myself yesterday. He also said he could give them home phone service for only $20 more a month. On top of that, he told my freind that if they knew anyone currentally using Concast he could hook them up too.

If your intrested I will DM you his digits, as I'm about to call him myself. I am paying more then $60 for the cable alone

Old 07-15-2010, 07:24 PM

1,292 posts, read 5,002,512 times
Sounds pretty illegal to me!

Old 07-15-2010, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCartpath View Post
Sounds pretty illegal to me!
Thats what I thought, but the guy is affiliated with Best Buy, he has a kiosk set up in there store
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis