Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2008, 05:15 PM

2 posts, read 7,860 times

Advertisements

I'm moving down to Memphis for work and looking for an apartment right now. I've been looking at South Bluffs and ratings on apartmentratings.com seem fairly good, but most are somewhat old. Does anyone have any strong opinions? And can anyone recommend any apartment complexes downtown? I'm having trouble finding them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 08:05 AM

3,371 posts, read 13,379,478 times
There aren't too many downtown apartments these days. Mainly condos to buy. Some people rent out their condos, but as for "complexes" there are few. The island is also big complexes, so you could find things there for sure, but that's not really "downtown." South Bluffs has always looked nice, it's gated, and the area is probably the most up and coming of Memphis. I've never known anyone to live there however.

No. 10 South Main is a well known building that people love. May have a waiting list though.

Old 07-24-2008, 11:46 AM

4,189 posts, read 3,481,874 times
I highly recommend Fielder Square apartments by the Autozone Park. I lived there for a yr and i loved it. The entrances are access card enabled and there is free garage parking across the street PLUS you are seconds from the Redbirds games and walkable to the downtown attractions. South Bluffs are nice too, gated and right off the trolley line. I am not sure what your budget is but the Cornerstone flats are nice as well but there is a fee for parking. You might like the lisland. I recommend the Estates at River Point and Belle harbour apartments if you are wanting to live on the island. DM me if you have any questions for me.

Old 07-24-2008, 12:32 PM

I have lived in those by Autozone park and it was terrible! Horrible noise, trash problems, break-ins, repair problems, resident issues, the gates and key card entrances were always broken, broken beer bottles and dog excrement all over the halls INDOORS (I am not exaggerating at all about that) not to mention the poor management. Maybe when it changed names it got better? but it used to be Echelon at the Ballpark and it was baaaaaaad. It has the lowest ratings of any downtown apartments on apartmentratings.com.

I usually throw a word of caution when I read poor reviews online, but that place deserved it. apartmentratings.com is correct for that one. I will say that I have a very strong opinion (bad opinion) about that place as does a lot of other people I know who used to live there.

Last edited by Pearlbob; 07-24-2008 at 12:43 PM..

Old 07-24-2008, 12:36 PM

Hmm...no, looks like the reviews continue to be really bad. That's unfortunate, it's a great area for an apartment.

Fielder Square Downtown Apartment Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Memphis apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com

Old 07-24-2008, 12:42 PM

To the OP...South Bluffs has 5 rating from 2008, all positive. For a small complex, I think that is pretty expected. Usually if a place is great, people don't get online to complain/comment.

Old 07-24-2008, 01:38 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,316,168 times
South Bluffs is pretty strict about who they let live there. Whereas most apartment complexes simply use a scoring system (such as SafeRent) and end up letting most anyone with the $$ move in, South Bluffs did (and probably still does) manually review every application, credit report, reference, etc. IMO, that's a good thing.

Old 07-28-2008, 10:29 PM

56 posts, read 218,929 times
I live just outside of South Bluffs at City House Condos. I can walk my dogs at ANY hour of day or night and feel completely safe walking in that neighborhood. So many complain about crime and I just can't see it happening at South Bluffs, would be a nice place to rent if I were in that market. Everything is well maintained from the outside, lawns are mowed, pools are clean and looks like very honest people live there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis