Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 08:08 PM

2,353 posts, read 5,376,903 times

Advertisements

Devildogs last activity was June 22 2009. That was 19 months ago...GL on your search for a higher education
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2011, 08:35 PM

80 posts, read 267,576 times
Have you tried setting up a face-to-face meeting with the person who makes the decision? Though my circumstances were different, I had to go through this process at UofM many years ago (20 or so) -- meeting face-to-face with the person who made this decision was the key for me. He told me what evidence/info I needed to show them rather me having to guess the info from a vague policy in a book or letter. I was able to get in-state status before the next semester started.

Don't know if that would help you now, or if you could get a meeting, but it might be worth a try.

Old 02-03-2011, 08:37 PM

80 posts, read 267,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by (901) View Post
Devildogs last activity was June 22 2009. That was 19 months ago...GL on your search for a higher education
Ah crap...I didn't notice that... Maybe my post will help someone else. Heh.

Old 02-03-2011, 08:57 PM

1,049 posts, read 4,008,208 times
This guy should be well near graduation by now...did anyone else notice that this letter read just like those Nigerian scam letters that I used to get when I was on dial-up with AOL years ago

I, am a veteran who moved to TN and started attending school straight away, what I was told was that if you moved to TN with the intent of living here and going to school then you paid in state tuition. I moved here Feb 2008 and started nursing school June 2008 with no problems.

Take care all.

Tony in East TN

Old 05-18-2011, 10:32 AM

4 posts, read 6,221 times
Default Still Alive

Just wanted to let everyone know I did not wind up going to UofM because they didn't seem to want to work with me or help guide me in the right directions. Later I did find out they accepted the Yellow Ribbon program and this will help cover SOME of the Out of State tuition. I have since started Nursing school at Baptist College of Health Sciences and I'm now a Junior. Nope, no scam! Thank-you for your help everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis