Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 08:03 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,580,151 times

Advertisements

I'm a Memphian (though I don't live there anymore, thank God) but when I'm in town, I have to have my Rendezvous fix. All my friends and family are big fans too. I'm surprised you don't know any Memphians that love it, Pearlbob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2007, 08:09 AM

3,371 posts, read 13,380,795 times
It's just overpriced, bad service, cheap decor, too crowded... I've taken a lot of people there from out of town but stopped because no one ever liked it. We'd always end up eating again a couple hours later (if not immediately) because we couldn't fill up on Rendevouz food. Give me BBQ Shop, Central, or Neely's anyday!

Old 06-01-2007, 11:11 AM

19 posts, read 24,188 times
lol----I WAS a Memphian too MsAlice---and thank god I don't live there anymore as well !

the food at Rendezvous is appalling

Old 06-03-2007, 01:45 PM

232 posts, read 796,291 times
rendezvous is good but WAY too overpriced. interstate is my absolute fave with neely's and central just trailing behind. hell, i even would prefer corky's to rendezvous.

Old 10-28-2007, 06:31 PM

13 posts, read 122,294 times
To every one raving about Tops Hamburgers.
They are made by Charlies meat market on Summer Ave.
www.charliesmeatmarket.com
They also sale burger patties to Huey's!
You can buy them in Bulk for pretty cheap. They come 4 and 3 to a pound.

As far as BBQ.
Tops is awesome for Fast and Cheap BBQ. As well as Showboat. Awesome Beans. They also sale ribs, not spare though.

Neely's. I love the BBQ Spaghetti. Thats about it. It seems to be overpriced and the sauce is very runny.

Gridleys has an awesome BBQ Burrito.

Rendezvous, Been there done that.

Toms, at Raines and Getwell has the best Rib Tips, period.
They prepare yoour order right out of the Pit.
I am a 30 year old Life Long Memphian and grew up on BBQ as a Part of my weekly diet.
As far as the "Best" BBQ in Town. Well , we all know , it can't be bought. Its in all the smokers in peoples yards. As well as in the tents at BBQ Fest.

Old 12-10-2007, 03:24 PM

1 posts, read 3,750 times
Having come from a BBQ family.(Mom ran various TOPS BBQ Places). I went through HighSchool in S. Memphis and hung out at Leonards (Bellevue) and Gus's at Bellevue and Parkway. Leonards by far has the best BBQ of them all. The rest are commercial pretenders. I understand its not as good as it used to be.. but its still head and shoulders above the rest. If you want real fine BBQ and affordable. Travel to Hardeman County (Bolivar) and check out Richards. Absolutely outstanding.

Old 12-11-2007, 12:33 PM

309 posts, read 900,733 times
What do you mean by downtown? Near the Pyramid? There is a Corky's on Poplar West of the Interstate. Jim & Nick's on Germantown Parkway across from Wolfchase Galleria Mall is good.

Old 12-11-2007, 03:05 PM

774 posts, read 2,583,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psi2007 View Post
What do you mean by downtown? Near the Pyramid? There is a Corky's on Poplar West of the Interstate. Jim & Nick's on Germantown Parkway across from Wolfchase Galleria Mall is good.
Jim & Nick's is a far cry from Memphis BBQ and my gracious, is it overpriced.

Old 12-11-2007, 03:08 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,316,775 times
Jim and Nick's was odd, imo, and it made me very sick -- so that probably skews my opinion of it.

Whole Hog, which is a Little Rock fixture and previous Memphis in May winner, has opened a couple of locations in Memphis. It's a good place, imo.

Old 12-11-2007, 03:14 PM

3,371 posts, read 13,380,795 times
Where are the Memphis locations?

I too, have heard bad things from multiple people about Jim and Nick's, although I have not tried it myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strumpeace View Post
Jim and Nick's was odd, imo, and it made me very sick -- so that probably skews my opinion of it.

Whole Hog, which is a Little Rock fixture and previous Memphis in May winner, has opened a couple of locations in Memphis. It's a good place, imo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis