Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 05:18 PM

14,496 posts, read 26,523,934 times

Advertisements

time for re-making a life agin...divorce, sellling a house....so sick of it....

work during day but my mind is drained. I am sick of everything. So sick and tired. Sick of trying in general.

I hate the economy, I have to deal w. a huge house and fixing it etc. had a friend helping but I really cant take much more.

Just needed to vent a bit- any1 else going thru similar?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2011, 05:38 PM

5,523 posts, read 6,431,335 times
My heart hurts for you and everyone who has emotional pain in their lives. Believe me, you are not alone. My story is such that I cannot go into it. Suffice it to say that I take one day at a time, and because I am a Christian, I pray alot and rely on Him to get me through each day. Regarding mental health, I never took any type of drug, however, I asked my psychologist for something to help me get through the rough emotional times. I was referred to my regular doctor, who prescribed an anxiety med for me. So far, it just makes me sleepy.

Old 06-08-2011, 05:50 PM

I wont go into it but it helps to at least know others feel this way. Im sick of trying really.

was watching a film with Ellen Burstyn...she loses it ...... anyway she says to her son "I get up and wash the dishes but why bother"....its just pointless. I have a st jude candle, but Im really at wits end here......

Old 06-08-2011, 06:15 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,722,854 times
Oh yes my dear......absolutely the same for me divorce , etc., down to the big house and fixing it etc. I very well remember the I am sick of everything and more so the I am so tired.

My divorce happened over the last 5 years or so....I just now have my house up for sale and have moved to a lovely state on the coast for my "new life" but it was a very stressful and sad and tiring ordeal. Now gaining strength and feeling good. YOU WILL reach this point too!

BUT: it was one day at a time....that is an annoying thing to hear but the only way I got through was by NOT looking too far ahead, focus on NOW and what you need to take care of yourself first. Then the other stuff in time.

You are most welcome to DM me at any time

gbh

for re-making a life agin...divorce, sellling a house....so sick of it....

work during day but my mind is drained. I am sick of everything. So sick and tired. Sick of trying in general.

I hate the economy, I have to deal w. a huge house and fixing it etc. had a friend helping but I really cant take much more.

Just needed to vent a bit- any1 else going thru similar?[/quote]

Old 06-08-2011, 06:36 PM

thanks. Just dont post abt vitamins and exercise, lol I apprec. that you understand. I at least listen2 therapist in that they say turn off all world news...that surely makes a person suicidal....tv used to be a good diversion....now its even more horrible and depressing than real life....

Old 06-08-2011, 06:47 PM

782 posts, read 1,105,630 times
[quote=greatblueheron;19506402]Oh yes my dear......absolutely the same for me divorce , etc., down to the big house and fixing it etc. I very well remember the I am sick of everything and more so the I am so tired.

My divorce happened over the last 5 years or so....I just now have my house up for sale and have moved to a lovely state on the coast for my "new life" but it was a very stressful and sad and tiring ordeal. Now gaining strength and feeling good. YOU WILL reach this point too!

BUT: it was one day at a time....that is an annoying thing to hear but the only way I got through was by NOT looking too far ahead, focus on NOW and what you need to take care of yourself first. Then the other stuff in time.

gbh

Truely Pearls of Wisdom...I too found that trying to plan too far ahead was defeating in many ways but mostly because things didn't happen fast enough. But also you forget to do things like feed yourself, rest, grooming goes out the window.. I had to start making appointments with myself to do stuff like fix a meal, or take a bath instead of a shower. I did stuff like only watch comedies on TV. I started listening to NPR again. I stopped calling friends because I found their success depressing. But I started telling my family how much I loved them. I was very careful of negitive thinking and thinkers. I was unemployed for 2 years after having a career where I could literally go into any city and have a job in less then a week. In the last 4 years I too have had to rebuild my life. I am getting stronger for it.

Old 06-08-2011, 06:57 PM

I do not even have a tv now! Get news off radio NPR or NPR online or CNN online! Local news online too.

And I heard all the recs for exercise, etc. blah, blah, blah from those who do not have a da*n clue what you are going through .

I did find long hot baths with lights out/candles lit did a bit to soothe. AND I ate anything I wanted. LOL.

TRUE: my cats were my very best friends through the whole thing. I hope you have a furry friend.

gbh

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
thanks. Just dont post abt vitamins and exercise, lol I apprec. that you understand. I at least listen2 therapist in that they say turn off all world news...that surely makes a person suicidal....tv used to be a good diversion....now its even more horrible and depressing than real life....

Old 06-08-2011, 07:02 PM

Awesome, Chanygirl!! Glad you made it through......

will never forget the days of just trying to GET OUT OF BED....I called or saw NO ONE but a few from my divorce support group, which DID HELP, as we were all going through the exact same thing.....

but the only way out of this pain is slowly working through it. I too feel so different and more powerful now.

SOME DAYS ARE BETTER THAN OTHERS truly applies here....

gbh

[quote=Chanygirl;19506833]
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Oh yes my dear......absolutely the same for me divorce , etc., down to the big house and fixing it etc. I very well remember the I am sick of everything and more so the I am so tired.

gbh

Truely Pearls of Wisdom...I too found that trying to plan too far ahead was defeating in many ways but mostly because things didn't happen fast enough. But also you forget to do things like feed yourself, rest, grooming goes out the window.. I had to start making appointments with myself to do stuff like fix a meal, or take a bath instead of a shower. I did stuff like only watch comedies on TV. I started listening to NPR again. I stopped calling friends because I found their success depressing. But I started telling my family how much I loved them. I was very careful of negitive thinking and thinkers. I was unemployed for 2 years after having a career where I could literally go into any city and have a job in less then a week. In the last 4 years I too have had to rebuild my life. I am getting stronger for it.

Old 06-08-2011, 07:06 PM

782 posts, read 1,105,630 times
Oh, Yes!!! Eat what you want withinn reason...but if you'd rather have Super Golden Puffs but eat granola because it's good for you.. drop that. Eat breakfast for dinner.
I have 4 dogs and 3 cats...They are what kept me going..my choices might have been different except that I would have had no one to care for my animals.

Old 06-08-2011, 07:18 PM

Hm- eating is like not really anything that makes me feel better. not even chocolate, lol....GBH-where did you find that support group? I hadnt thought of it but its prolly better than Al-anon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health