Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 01:47 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,394,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosyneighbors View Post
Hey Skywalker14, maybe you need to examine yourself as why you target "crazy" women.
The "White Knight" syndrome most likely. I think they can be fixed. But to be honest it only happened twice. The last time (the "loose cannon" incident) took me by surprise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2017, 03:34 PM

37 posts, read 40,779 times
i think everyone has

Old 12-19-2017, 09:49 AM

If you can avoid those, please do.

Old 01-02-2018, 10:43 AM

522 posts, read 1,429,948 times
"Bipolar" is the most overused label, along with ADHD. That will e left out of this post.
What I hear is an attraction to to women who will never give you what you're looking for.
IOW, You are attracted to women who are "unavailable". Is that perhaps because you too are "unavailable" for the kind of relationship you say you want?
You state that you clearly see the 'red flags' that indicate its never going to work, but you are unable to heed the warning. Hmm.. what's that about?..
Well, they are fun and exciting, and that carries a huge rush with it ---in the beginning. Its the best feeling in the world, huh? But that doesn't last, and real relationships are built on things much deeper than a rush.
Also, her history of abusive relationships did not make you run, instead they brought out the "rescuer" in you, that you could show her a better way, and she would love you for helping her.

This is about you.. About your attraction to fun and excitement, about your attraction to wounded people, about your belief that you could help them, fix them, and have the kind of lasting, healthy relationship you are looking for.
Healthy people looking for a lasting relationship don't ignore the signs that clearly indicate failure.
A wounded person can't be fixed by you.
You need to figure out why you are attracted to these kind of women who are 'master manipulators', etc.
My guess is that you're attracted to the rush, that you are an "excitement junkie".
You need to figure out if you really even want a long-term relationship, and then consider if you are actually 'relationship material'.

Trust me, this is about you, not her.
Lets just say this comes from experience. There came a time that my 'clock was ticking', and I was sad because I knew that if I was going to have a baby, I had to have a partner who was capable of being a good father, and someone who was going to stick around for long haul of life. "Father material", I called it. Problem was, I was not attracted to what I thought of as the 'insurance agent' kind of guy. Borrrrring!!
Then I considered having a baby on my own. Then my friend visited with her baby, and it was like "make that thing stop!" Then I started realizing I never really liked kids much, lol, in fact, never really liked being a kid much. I liked the freedom of being an adult.
Then I thought, hmm "if I don't want to have kids, then I don't really need to have a partner who is "father material". Come to think of it, I don't know why he even needs to be "marriage material". Come to think of it....
IM NOT MARRIAGE MATERIAL!
From that, I realized I never really believed in 'till death do you part'...
I'm a free spirit! And I'm attracted to the very same thing!
And all has been well since I figured that out.

I realized that a lot of it was the myths we live by: the "white picket fence", and "happily ever after".
I realized that never really was me.
If I want a long lasting relationship, I know I have a lot to learn.
Good luck in figuring yourself out, and recognizing what you really want. Because my guess is that you've passed on girls who had it to give, but they lacked the thrill of the other 'master manipulators'.
We, girls used to laugh about how we picked those kind and said "but he has so much potential!" Haha, what we were saying is "wait till I get my hands on him. I can change him into exactly what I want!"
You can't change someone, and you shouldn't try. Enjoy people for who they are, but keep your eyes open! We all deserve the best!

Old 01-03-2018, 05:30 PM

1,717 posts, read 1,693,426 times
The OP posted in 2011.

Old 01-05-2018, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anomoly View Post
"Bipolar" is the most overused label, along with ADHD. That will e left out of this post.
What I hear is an attraction to to women who will never give you what you're looking for.
IOW, You are attracted to women who are "unavailable". Is that perhaps because you too are "unavailable" for the kind of relationship you say you want?
You state that you clearly see the 'red flags' that indicate its never going to work, but you are unable to heed the warning. Hmm.. what's that about?..
Well, they are fun and exciting, and that carries a huge rush with it ---in the beginning. Its the best feeling in the world, huh? But that doesn't last, and real relationships are built on things much deeper than a rush.
Also, her history of abusive relationships did not make you run, instead they brought out the "rescuer" in you, that you could show her a better way, and she would love you for helping her.

This is about you.. About your attraction to fun and excitement, about your attraction to wounded people, about your belief that you could help them, fix them, and have the kind of lasting, healthy relationship you are looking for.
Healthy people looking for a lasting relationship don't ignore the signs that clearly indicate failure.
A wounded person can't be fixed by you.
You need to figure out why you are attracted to these kind of women who are 'master manipulators', etc.
My guess is that you're attracted to the rush, that you are an "excitement junkie".
You need to figure out if you really even want a long-term relationship, and then consider if you are actually 'relationship material'.

Trust me, this is about you, not her.
Lets just say this comes from experience. There came a time that my 'clock was ticking', and I was sad because I knew that if I was going to have a baby, I had to have a partner who was capable of being a good father, and someone who was going to stick around for long haul of life. "Father material", I called it. Problem was, I was not attracted to what I thought of as the 'insurance agent' kind of guy. Borrrrring!!
Then I considered having a baby on my own. Then my friend visited with her baby, and it was like "make that thing stop!" Then I started realizing I never really liked kids much, lol, in fact, never really liked being a kid much. I liked the freedom of being an adult.
Then I thought, hmm "if I don't want to have kids, then I don't really need to have a partner who is "father material". Come to think of it, I don't know why he even needs to be "marriage material". Come to think of it....
IM NOT MARRIAGE MATERIAL!
From that, I realized I never really believed in 'till death do you part'...
I'm a free spirit! And I'm attracted to the very same thing!
And all has been well since I figured that out.

I realized that a lot of it was the myths we live by: the "white picket fence", and "happily ever after".
I realized that never really was me.
If I want a long lasting relationship, I know I have a lot to learn.
Good luck in figuring yourself out, and recognizing what you really want. Because my guess is that you've passed on girls who had it to give, but they lacked the thrill of the other 'master manipulators'.
We, girls used to laugh about how we picked those kind and said "but he has so much potential!" Haha, what we were saying is "wait till I get my hands on him. I can change him into exactly what I want!"
You can't change someone, and you shouldn't try. Enjoy people for who they are, but keep your eyes open! We all deserve the best!
Interesting reply but I must say the following:

1. This only happened to me once really with "the loose cannon" incident. The other one I mentioned was just a date which went seriously wrong. But really only happened to me once with a woman I never suspected there was something really wrong with her until I saw the episode. And believe me it wasnt pretty.

2. Your point however is interesting, we like the thrill of the chase. We want what we cannot have so to speak.

3. Bipolar is a real condition, not a moody or cranky but just a mental problema.

Good luck with your search.

Old 02-12-2018, 08:39 PM

Scary stuff if you think about it

Old 02-16-2018, 04:04 AM

797 posts, read 752,652 times
Using craigslist a lot huh.

Old 02-17-2018, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollaces View Post
The OP posted in 2011.
So ?

Old 02-17-2018, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellshii View Post
Using craigslist a lot huh.
Nope. Not for this at least
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health