Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 12:38 AM

994 posts, read 1,592,561 times

Advertisements

This is a dream I had about two months ago and while it's brief, it caught me off guard so much that I want to know if others have had something like it.

-------

I was working at my job at a grocery store and all was going well until about one 'hour' into the dream. I was stocking mostly the toilet paper and consumables on the shelves and it started getting busier. It was like my workplace in the real world except considerably smaller. My coworkers and the management were still working their jobs and customers would walk into the aisles getting products and the pace increased even more. Parts of the shelves were empty and the managers were starting to be snippier. I tried to keep up but I don't think any human could keep up the pace and both the management and my coworkers started barking out orders at me and ganging up a bit. I felt something in the atmosphere change as if I was being cornered. It almost felt evil, like something very awful was going to happen. Now the customers were sort of nasty as well. It got to the point to where I think they called me up to check on a register and I pushed past management/coworkers/customers and raced out the door like a battering ram through a wall. I heard them shout for me as I continued to walk outside in the parking lot. The sky above had sort of a hazy grey dead look to it, but as I got farther from the store, the sky seemed to clear up more. The people in the store became fainter (no one was in the lot) and I could see and feel myself transform into a girl. The sky above eventually became blue with big white fluffy clouds and the air became fresh and crisp. The hills were full of green grass and pretty flowers and the city around me felt like it was brand new. My intuition told me that I was back in the 1990s and it felt so peaceful. It seemed like heaven to me, and I heard a voice call out from all around me: "The world needs a hero"

-------

Then I woke up. I've had dreams like this in my past that were really weird and kind of uneasing. Does anyone have an explaination for what I just dreamt, or is this too much TV?

(I didn't know where to post this, so if a MOD has to move it, that's fine by me)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2012, 01:52 AM

7,309 posts, read 9,326,230 times
I'll play Daniel

Knowing nothing of your personal circumstances, it could mean that you are very dissatisfied with your job and see yourself as trapped and that you long to tell the boss to "take this job and shove it."

But it could also mean that there are other circumstances in your life, unrelated to your job, even a relationship, that gives you that trapped feeling.

Thirdly, in the last part of the dream where you hear the voice that says the world needs a hero, it could be that the store you are working in is a symbolic representation of how you see the world generally, and your personal search for meaning in a world that makes no sense. It could be your own subconscious acknowledging that the world needs a hero.

Old 05-04-2012, 02:15 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,829,224 times
It sounds like the way I feel in real life a lot.

But I agree with others, it sounds like you're running from something.

Check out the online dream decoder sometime, it's really interesting. I've gained a lot of insight from my dreams in the past.

Old 05-04-2012, 06:10 PM

268 posts, read 1,108,646 times
This is my "guess"

You are overwhelmed with your job and are "looking" for a way out
back to your "youth" (the female in your life? Mom?) where there was much less stress.

I might be wrong..but my guess

Old 05-04-2012, 09:35 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,926,647 times
You don't like your job and need to leave for "blue skies" out yonder.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:49 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Market

To dream that you are in a market represents some emotional or physical need that you are currently lacking in your life. You may be in need of nurturance and some fulfillment. Consider the specific items that you are shopping for. Alternatively, the market signifies frugality.
]To see an barren market in your dream signifies depression and gloominess. There is a void in your life. If the market is large or well-stocked, then it means possibilities and choices.

Boss

To see your boss in your dream represents the bossy or authoritative side of your own personality. Your boss may reveal self-confidence and the assertive aspect of yourself.�It is telling of your issues of control and authority. Alternatively, to see your boss in your dream may indicate your over-involvement or obsession with your work. Negatively, the boss in your dream may symbolize your limitations and lack of freedom/originality.[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

To dream that you are afraid of your boss indicates your fear of authority. You may feel that someone else is running your life or dictating what you can and can not do. [/SIZE]
Consider also the relationship you have with your boss. This may provide clues to work-related stress or issues that need to be resolved. [/SIZE]

Sky

To look up at the clear blue sky in your dream denotes hope, possibilities, creativity, peace and freedom of expression. As the saying goes "the sky's the limit." If the sky is cloudy and overcast, then it foretells of sadness and trouble.[/SIZE] [/SIZE]
[/left]

Just some keywords from your dream. Feel free to look up more!

Dream Moods A-Z Dream Dictionary

Old 05-04-2012, 10:54 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,799,063 times
I've found that dreams usually mean what you think they do. Dream decoders are interesting but you have your own way of decoding the meaning of symbols and you should go with your gut feelings about the dream and act on them. Did you at any point know that you were dreaming? My guess is that you did, esp at the point where the sky turned blue and got beautiful. That's a lucid dream and they are the best kind.

Old 05-05-2012, 06:27 AM

4,439 posts, read 5,520,230 times
Sounds like a cool dream to me. To me, it's a clear indication that your job sucks and you have a deep yearning for "open skies." I especially like the "hero" part - as the world certainly needs a hero to fight against all the nasty bosses of the world...lol.

Old 05-05-2012, 08:16 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
I've found that dreams usually mean what you think they do. Dream decoders are interesting but you have your own way of decoding the meaning of symbols and you should go with your gut feelings about the dream and act on them. Did you at any point know that you were dreaming? My guess is that you did, esp at the point where the sky turned blue and got beautiful. That's a lucid dream and they are the best kind.
Yes, or another way to put it is--YOU already know what the dream means. Talk it out.

Old 05-05-2012, 08:22 AM

254 posts, read 211,410 times
You definitely hate your job.I've had dreams like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health