Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 12:29 PM

16 posts, read 139,748 times

Advertisements

Are almost all of them part Spanish? I know a lot have Aztec in them, who were living in Mexico before the Spanish. Are a lot of Mexicans part black?

When I see a Mexican, I just consider them Mexican, nothing in particular like Spanish or Aztec or anything.

Old 03-28-2013, 01:49 PM

356 posts, read 1,066,174 times
For the most part a Mexican is of mixed ancestry almost always European (Spanish), Native American and to lesser extent African(black). This admixture varies depending by region, some populaces will be whiter, more Native American or more/less balanced and the African component can be found in some Mexicans but not as prevalent as the others.

And I don't understand the second part of your post.

Old 03-28-2013, 01:53 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,492,393 times
There's a lot of mixture in Mexico. It's not uncommon in the D.F. to come across a blonde hair/blue eyed boy/young man, a woman who looks just like she got off the boat from Ireland or "indios". In other parts of the country you'll encounter Afro-Mestsizos (Guerrero, principally). In San Miguel de Allende you'll see some French influence. In parts of Veracruz you'll also find Egyptian/Nubian DNA. And then there are the Hutterites or Mennonites in the north who look exactly like their bretheren in the USA. Yes, it can be confusing to the uninitiated. They're all "Mexican." Even the "capitalino's" in the D.F.!

Old 03-28-2013, 03:46 PM

83 posts, read 517,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1b2 View Post
Are almost all of them part Spanish? I know a lot have Aztec in them, who were living in Mexico before the Spanish. Are a lot of Mexicans part black?

When I see a Mexican, I just consider them Mexican, nothing in particular like Spanish or Aztec or anything.

a lot do not have Aztec ancestry just like a lot of yanks claiming Cherokee do not really have it majority have non-Aztec ancestry but other indigenous ancestry

Old 03-28-2013, 06:26 PM

758 posts, read 2,240,758 times
Quote:

This again?

Old 03-28-2013, 07:11 PM

275 posts, read 978,373 times
There's a study that shows that a typical mexican has the following admixture:

35% white
60% amerindian
5% black.

im sure that less than 1% of mexicans have azteca blood

Old 03-28-2013, 09:24 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,474,475 times
A lot of Americans say "Aztecs" but actually mean "MesoAmerican". The actual Aztecs were essentially one city in a whole subcontinent of various nations. There were millions of people who lived in big bustling cities that existed for thousands of years. The Aztec Empire didn't even start until 1248, yet there were whole societies that rose and fell thousands of years before. When the Aztecs discover Teotihucan, Teo had been already abandoned for hundreds of years. It was already and archeological site long before Columbus sailed. And Teo existed foe nearly a millennia as the largest city in MesoAmerican history where millions of people live laughed loved and died. And that's really only two examples. Add the Mayans, Tikal, the Olmecs, Mount Alban, el Mirador, calakal, etc etc. you have a whole equivalent of European continental history. So the "Aztecs" per se might be like saying the "Germans" or the "Russians". In MesoAmerica there were as many different nations and cultures as Europe, and like Europe the changed names and languages over time.

The Cherokee by the way do indeed has European not Asian origin. That has been recently proven via DNA.

Old 03-30-2013, 12:24 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:

At one time in Mexico there were more African slaves than Spaniards and about as many slaves as Indians because small pox deciminated the Indian population. Mixing is what allowed those with Indian blood to survive the diseases brought over because the Africans and Europeans had genetic immunity. After slavery ended, immigration from Europe continued but not from Africa.

Mexico had a black president, Vicente Guerrero. The very popular soup called menudo was introduced by African slaves. African influences may go back much further, the Olmecs "baby heads" would indicate that.

Old 03-30-2013, 12:52 PM

275 posts, read 978,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
At one time in Mexico there were more African slaves than Spaniards and about as many slaves as Indians because small pox deciminated the Indian population. Mixing is what allowed those with Indian blood to survive the diseases brought over because the Africans and Europeans had genetic immunity. After slavery ended, immigration from Europe continued but not from Africa.

Mexico had a black president, Vicente Guerrero. The very popular soup called menudo was introduced by African slaves. African influences may go back much further, the Olmecs "baby heads" would indicate that.
This is just a myth with no proves.

Im my opinion he is far to look "black", maybe he was trirracial as much hondurans, venezuelans are.

Old 03-30-2013, 04:10 PM

836 posts, read 2,948,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanluisito View Post
This is just a myth with no proves.

Im my opinion he is far to look "black", maybe he was trirracial as much hondurans, venezuelans are.
No myth, Guerrero was mulato.

Talk:Vicente Guerrero - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.