Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2014, 12:41 PM

32 posts, read 53,310 times

Advertisements

Greetings,

I was just wondering if any folks on this board would have any knowledge on how to go about renting a furnished apartment in Oaxaca starting feb 15, or perhaps any leads on a furnished room in a house. We are looking to stay around 3-6months, and would hope to stay within walking distance to the zocalo. We are a couple in our 30's, and speak fluent Spanish. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2014, 06:12 PM

1,051 posts, read 1,699,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vin1127 View Post
Greetings,

I was just wondering if any folks on this board would have any knowledge on how to go about renting a furnished apartment in Oaxaca starting feb 15, or perhaps any leads on a furnished room in a house. We are looking to stay around 3-6months, and would hope to stay within walking distance to the zocalo. We are a couple in our 30's, and speak fluent Spanish. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Oaxaca Times - Oaxaca Times - Classifieds

Imparcial en Línea

Renta de inmuebles en Oaxaca | Segundamano.mx

It's been years, but these are resources I used. Word of mouth was also a great way to find the best apartments some 10 years ago; I imagine it may still be the same.

A few places (cultural centers) to check the bulletin boards once you actually arrive to Oaxaca (and to enjoy on their own right):

the Iago: Instituto de Artes Gráficas de Oaxaca

fonoteca: FONOTECA EDUARDO MATA

Pochote cine club:https://es-la.facebook.com/pages/El-...52529998154235

Oaxaca is wonderful; I hope you enjoy it.

Old 01-25-2014, 08:06 PM

2,173 posts, read 4,416,640 times
What is a price range for a monthly furnished rental in Oaxaca? Something nice but doesn't have to be luxury?

Old 01-26-2014, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campeador View Post
Oaxaca Times - Oaxaca Times - Classifieds

Imparcial en Línea

Renta de inmuebles en Oaxaca | Segundamano.mx

It's been years, but these are resources I used. Word of mouth was also a great way to find the best apartments some 10 years ago; I imagine it may still be the same.

A few places (cultural centers) to check the bulletin boards once you actually arrive to Oaxaca (and to enjoy on their own right):

the Iago: Instituto de Artes Gráficas de Oaxaca

fonoteca: FONOTECA EDUARDO MATA

Pochote cine club:https://es-la.facebook.com/pages/El-...52529998154235

Oaxaca is wonderful; I hope you enjoy it.
Thank you so much, big help.

Yes I heard great things about Oaxaca.. cant wait!

Old 02-05-2014, 06:54 PM

14,611 posts, read 17,622,013 times
Quote:
Greetings,

Thanks.

Villa Maria Oaxaca - YouTube

I recommend Villa Maria for a reasonable price for a spacious furnished apartment. She is on 410 Arteaga, and is about 6 blocks to the Zocalo. The building allows you to go the roof to enjoy the sunset.

Old 02-11-2014, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctr88 View Post
What is a price range for a monthly furnished rental in Oaxaca? Something nice but doesn't have to be luxury?
I found something at the Hotel Suites del Centro for $6000 pesos a month, its very nice, 1bedroom, has a kitchen with a mini-fridge, a sala, lanai, plenty of space, its right on Av Hidalgo 2 blocks from the zocalo.

Old 02-11-2014, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacoMartin View Post

Villa Maria Oaxaca - YouTube

I recommend Villa Maria for a reasonable price for a spacious furnished apartment. She is on 410 Arteaga, and is about 6 blocks to the Zocalo. The building allows you to go the roof to enjoy the sunset.
Thanks for the recommendation.

So far I'm really loving this city, amazing architecture, sweet friendly people, and the food is excellent.
The zocalo always has something going on there, its a very charming city, probably my favorite of the 10 or so cities I've been to in Mexico.

Last edited by vin1127; 02-11-2014 at 07:13 PM.. Reason: Mispelling

Old 03-31-2014, 01:30 AM

14,611 posts, read 17,622,013 times
Quote:
I found something at the Hotel Suites del Centro for $6000 pesos a month, its very nice, 1bedroom, has a kitchen with a mini-fridge, a sala, lanai, plenty of space, its right on Av Hidalgo 2 blocks from the zocalo.
The rates on the website start at $8000 per month, so you got a good deal. At Maria's you would probably get a 2 bedroom for that rate. It's something to keep in mind if you need more space when you come back.

There is a great place for views, naturally called El Mirador. From your apartment walk north on Diaz Ordaz about 6-7 blocks to the Escalaras del Fortin which are wide stairs leading up the hill towards the stadium. At the top get out and walk on the side of the somewhat busy Pan American Highway (route MX190). In about 500' you will come to a lookout with a parking lot (also called El Mirador). Look for signs to go down some narrow steps into the restaurant. The food is basically snack food (botanas) and beer, but it is the best views in the city.

Don't hike on the hills above the stadium as there is a lot of robberies that happen there. The city is generally safe, but you will get robbed on the hills.

The Basilica of Our Lady of Solitude is one of the primary family places. It's the best place to be on Sundays or at a parade.

Eat in the market South of the Zocolo as your money will last much longer. They have a whole hallway of people selling meat. They cook it up for you and you buy the onions, bread and soda separately. You sit at giant group tables.

And, I hope you have had chapulines and mezcal. They taste particularly good in guacamole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico