Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 02:24 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,937,047 times

Advertisements

The $4USD a day is possible in some locations...very little for sure..Bldg across from me get $20 a day concrete blocks and cement. There is s vast misconception about wages here. I need some work on my house and NO ,$4 a day for him.

Old 04-30-2017, 02:52 PM

146 posts, read 151,012 times
Why i'm gonna bother to keep posting when there so many people acting childish and arrogant about the current situation theres no point for me to keep going the sources has been posted many times yes Mexico is a very wealthy country both by economy and GDP unfortunately our country is corrupted and @philopower millions want to leave??????? well let me tell you something have fun being burden to the U.S government by asking welfare and other government benefits that's what you type of Mexicans do you just give other Mexicans a bad reputation. i never been to the U.S and don't have any desired i'm a middle class originally from Guadalajara like i mentioned Mexico is not Cuba or Venezuela you can still have a very decent life here even with corruption.

My parents from example grow up being poor as kids and thanks to their decisions now they have two restaurants and have a nice decent house with two vehicles from year 2015 and 2017 we have all what a middle class american family have and for myself a my age 26 im not doing bad i make a good decent amount of money by selling times in the most expensive resorts from Puerto Vallarta area.

Stay better in the U.S we don't want your type of Mexicans " Vende patrias de los gringos*!!!!

Old 04-30-2017, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
All countries have all the sources and wealth to be a "first world country". Its a complete misunderstanding that development has anything to do with natural resources, size, race, culture, colonization or anything else. If the top 1% ruling class in a country decides it is time for change, any country can change and develop rapidly.
If that's so how come thouse countries are not on the top??? like Mexico is !!! 11th economy on earth with a GDP of almost 20,000 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Mexico

and that's with corruption now imagine if Mexico wasn't so corrupted like it is right now probably almost or wealthier than the U.S well be with so many resources that we have

tell me why???

Old 04-30-2017, 03:29 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,969,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMex View Post
If that's so how come thouse countries are not on the top??? like Mexico is !!! 11th economy on earth with a GDP of almost 20,000 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Mexico

and that's with corruption now imagine if Mexico wasn't so corrupted like it is right now probably almost or wealthier than the U.S well be with so many resources that we have

tell me why???
I do agree with you that Mexico is much more developed and better off than most people think it is.

I am just saying that resources, culture, race or anything like that is really not that relevant when it comes to development of any country, Mexico or any other country. What matters is what the top 1% oligarchy in any country decides to do. Change is a threat to any system of power, and development and growth means change. The top 1% in any country prefer the status quo as they seek to entrench their interests, status, power and privileges. In some countries however, they are forced to accept change and thus development. Democratization of the economy and society, with an emphasis on education and busting monopolies and breaking up entrenched vested interests is a radical concept.

Old 04-30-2017, 09:46 PM

Quote:
I do agree with you that Mexico is much more developed and better off than most people think it is.

I am just saying that resources, culture, race or anything like that is really not that relevant when it comes to development of any country, Mexico or any other country. What matters is what the top 1% oligarchy in any country decides to do. Change is a threat to any system of power, and development and growth means change. The top 1% in any country prefer the status quo as they seek to entrench their interests, status, power and privileges. In some countries however, they are forced to accept change and thus development. Democratization of the economy and society, with an emphasis on education and busting monopolies and breaking up entrenched vested interests is a radical concept.

I don't think there's any country in the world that the government shares its entire wealth among the population I would like to know what's the percentage of wealth that it's shared with the U.S. population I once read an article that in Spain 5 % of country wealth is shared.

The only country I can think of that might share it's almost total wealth probably The United Arab Emirates and it's GDP is also Higher than U.S and many European countries :P

Old 04-30-2017, 11:45 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,969,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMex View Post
I don't think there's any country in the world that the government shares its entire wealth among the population I would like to know what's the percentage of wealth that it's shared with the U.S. population I once read an article that in Spain 5 % of country wealth is shared.

The only country I can think of that might share it's almost total wealth probably The United Arab Emirates and it's GDP is also Higher than U.S and many European countries :P
The question is whether the oligarchy wants to open up to new ideas and competition and risk losing their own status and privileges. A country that develops can still be unequal but the people on top might not last long because of competitive forces and trust busting. The people on top would be replaced by new people and industries on a regular basis and dynastic and corrupt wealth would be low. Rich dynasties akin to royal families that seek to rig the economy with monopolies are the biggest threat to any growth and development.

Old 05-01-2017, 12:16 PM

205 posts, read 206,183 times
Quote:
The question is whether the oligarchy wants to open up to new ideas and competition and risk losing their own status and privileges. A country that develops can still be unequal but the people on top might not last long because of competitive forces and trust busting. The people on top would be replaced by new people and industries on a regular basis and dynastic and corrupt wealth would be low. Rich dynasties akin to royal families that seek to rig the economy with monopolies are the biggest threat to any growth and development.
Now... these are the scariest "philosophical" comments that I've read for American economics at least...maybe Europe, Asia or even Russia (doubtingly for Russia, however) where this is a reality...
GuardarGuardar

Old 05-01-2017, 12:39 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,796,433 times
Quote:
I think you need to update your knowledge of Mexico. While it is true that the wealth distribution is still quite unequal, the middle class has grown at a fast rate and business culture has also flourished, allowing Mexicans from all walks of life to move up the ranks.

What I think is unfair is the education system. Education is still quite poor in many areas, and this doesn't allow for many to have more opportunities or a chance to develop skills and knowledge.

Of course government corruption, freedom of the press must be addressed as well. Believe it or not, social media has really helped to put more pressure for change in these areas. Whether it will make a huge impact, only time will tell.

Old 05-01-2017, 12:42 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,796,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
The $4USD a day is possible in some locations...very little for sure..Bldg across from me get $20 a day concrete blocks and cement. There is s vast misconception about wages here. I need some work on my house and NO ,$4 a day for him.
What would you know, people who don't live in Mexico will know better than people who do.

Old 05-01-2017, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
What would you know, people who don't live in Mexico will know better than people who do.

Thank you and you know what's more ironic i think he mentioned he lives in Mexico i wish he would say that to a Middle class-Upper class Mexican in the face from Mexico city Guadalajara etc any Mexican would Deflatively humiliated him .

Mexicans don't tolerated those type of gringo's superior actitude while living in Mexico's soil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico