Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 05:45 PM

4,494 posts, read 7,480,739 times

Advertisements

I'm considering taking my family to Mazaltan in January for a "special ocassion" in our family.

My question is, where's a good place to stay, watch to watch out for, any good travel agents that specialize in Mexican destination/travel packages and so on and so forth?

There's alot more question to ask, but please feel free to inform me of anything necessary pertaining to a trip to Mazaltan, Mexico.

Thanks

B.G.F.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2008, 10:15 PM

83 posts, read 425,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Grass Fever View Post
I'm considering taking my family to Mazaltan in January for a "special ocassion" in our family.

My question is, where's a good place to stay, watch to watch out for, any good travel agents that specialize in Mexican destination/travel packages and so on and so forth?

There's alot more question to ask, but please feel free to inform me of anything necessary pertaining to a trip to Mazaltan, Mexico.

Thanks

B.G.F.
Well I could probably tell you anything you would want to know about Mazatlan.
There are a lot of great places to stay it just depends on how much you want to spend and how long you plan on staying. Not a whole lot to watch out for other than use common sense, as if you where in a big city. Drug trafficking is getting worse their but generally you won't see much of that if at all. I have never used a travel agent so I can't help you there but you should be able to plan everything yourself pretty easily. Where would you be flying from? In this exact moment the cheapest flight I have found for my area is with Frontierairlines. It used to be with suncountry but it looks like they might be going out of business in Dec. Feel free to ask more questions, I can help you the best I can P.S. I used to live their Thus pepedemaz

Old 10-04-2008, 10:19 PM

Quote:

Thanks

B.G.F.
I believe you meant Mazatlan right? I just saw the spelling and I believe there is no other city in Mexico named Mazaltan. Just wanted to clarify

Old 10-05-2008, 06:04 AM

4,494 posts, read 7,480,739 times
Default Oops...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepedemaz View Post
I believe you meant Mazatlan right? I just saw the spelling and I believe there is no other city in Mexico named Mazaltan. Just wanted to clarify
Yes, i meant "Mazatlan". (i seem to have dyslexia as of late... )

Old 10-05-2008, 11:24 AM

Default Mazatlan is absolutely beautiful!!!

Quote:

Thanks

B.G.F.
Do you have any specific questions at all? The things that I can tell you is airfare will probably be a lot more expensive this year due to the rise in gas prices. You can find prices for hotels for any budget in the golden zone, thats where all the tourists usually stay. If you don't want a hotel they have houses for rent for pretty much as long as you want and once again prices can vary widely. The people their are great!!! Very nice people! Restaurants are getting a little more expensive just like everything else but once again there are places for every budget. The beaches there never seem to end they keep going and going, like the energizer bunny he he. I personally have never been to any other coastline tourist city so I can't really compare for you but Mazatlan in my opinion is absolutley awesome! They are obviously on the Pacific side so the ocean is not crystal clear it's kind of got a emerald blueish color but once again not clear like it would be in cancun. Let me know some specifics and I would be glad to help you out

Old 10-08-2008, 04:39 PM

972 posts, read 3,925,277 times
I dont like mazatlan, for me is better another destination as los cabos, la paz, loreto, vallarta...

Old 10-08-2008, 10:01 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,925,882 times
First things First. Everyone needs a PASSPORT to return to the US by AIR. Check the differences of price air fares to Mazatlan, La Paz, or Cabo San Lucas. Depending on age of persons travelling. Having spent lots of time in all three locations (retired in Mexico) its all Strictly adult fare. Stay with tourist hotels, where all Americans stay and it will be a better trip and more enjoyable hoping you speak a little Spanish. You can always take a taxi and venture a couple of miles south of the tourist hotels for a taco or so whether it be Mazatlan or La Paz, no difference. Anyway enjoy the trip. Stefhen

Old 10-11-2008, 01:43 AM

16 posts, read 27,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
Stay with tourist hotels, where all Americans stay and it will be a better trip and more enjoyable hoping you speak a little Spanish. You can always take a taxi and venture a couple of miles south of the tourist hotels for a taco or so whether it be Mazatlan or La Paz, no difference. Anyway enjoy the trip. Stefhen
Why would you go to another country and mingle only with Americans? What is the fun in that?

Old 10-11-2008, 02:12 AM

That's what I'm sayin

Old 10-11-2008, 02:32 AM

16 posts, read 27,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepedemaz View Post
That's what I'm sayin
Have you heard of Americans going to other countries and eating at MickyD's? Get out and eat some real Mexican food that is not Taco Bell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico