Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2007, 01:18 PM

67 posts, read 454,816 times

Advertisements

My wife, whose parents come from Zamorra, Michoacan, and I are considering moving to those parts for 6 months out of the year. If anyone lives in that area (La Piedad, Morelia etc.,) and has any information you would care to share, I would appreciate it. I do not want Chapala, as I find it much too humid there. I really don't like the border cities, and I don't want in a big city proper, but out away from the touristy places is what we are more interested in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2007, 12:40 AM

20 posts, read 142,112 times
My in-laws live near Zitacuaro in Michoacan. My father-in-law grows strawberries and has animals it's really cute there and when you go to the plaza in Zitacuaro you feel like you are in an old western movie I found the people to be very nice. If you need more info let me know.

Old 04-14-2007, 02:12 PM

We are going in July to check it out. We have some who have sung the praises of Uruapan, Patzcuaro, Morelia etc. I have been to all of those places, but at that time we weren't thinking about spending that much time there. Thanks for the offer for more info. I probably will be asking.

Old 04-15-2007, 09:28 AM

55 posts, read 281,639 times
Hi,
You might want to go to Mexconnect.com as they have forums about Mexico. There is a fee, but it is a very informative website. I am just a regular person who likes research, not affiliated with Mexconnect at all

Old 04-20-2007, 12:32 PM

Thanks, I did go there and found a lot of helpful information. I like what I see at Uruapan as well, although I think it is a little more humid there. Around Zamora, the humidity seems to be a little bit lower. Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.

Old 05-10-2007, 03:05 PM

2 posts, read 6,011 times
Well, been in Mexico and liked it. However, I liked Cuba more as it is much safest and you can go everywhere without any fear of being killed or robbed. Taken few pictures too, if you want to take a look at www.cubaimages.net (http://www.cubaimages.net - broken link) . Please, post your web site with photos as I would like to see more of Mexico and maybe go there this summer.

Old 05-19-2007, 01:42 PM

We just came back from a ten day stay in Yurecuaro, which is close to LaPiedad. It was a clean town, lots of fiestas, lots of fireworks and lots of LOUD music. We enjoyed it very much. It was hot during the day, but the nights were usually cool enough to require a sheet to sleep under. Mountains all around. very pretty scenery. I think we might go back this winter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico