Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 06:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,283 times

Advertisements

Did anybody used dentist in mexico recently and had positve experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2012, 08:07 PM

102,195 posts, read 107,842,460 times
There are US dentists who have set up shop in the border towns. Some even arrange a van service for clients who take a bus to the nearest town on the US border. Glowing reports about these outfits. US dentists for closer to the price of a Mexican dentist.

Where in Mexico are you? Whenever I've been in Latin America and needed a dentist or doctor, I call the US Embassy to get a referral. You can't go wrong with their referrals. It's usually a local guy who has gone to dental school in the US and has all the latest equipment.

Old 06-27-2012, 01:31 PM

943 posts, read 1,844,456 times
I too am looking getting all my crowns re-done and inplants. so far i looked in to Rio dental I will stay in el paso tx and they will pick me up and take meback.

Old 06-27-2012, 02:40 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,492,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by =Lavender= View Post
I too am looking getting all my crowns re-done and inplants. so far i looked in to Rio dental I will stay in el paso tx and they will pick me up and take meback.
You'll be in El Paso for probably 6/8 months given the scope of the work you're outlining. Unless you live close to the border you might want to reconsider and have whatever work you can afford done closer to home. Complications aren't unusual, with dental work of this volume.

Old 03-24-2013, 06:40 PM

8 posts, read 10,090 times
Default Stetic dental

Stay away for stetic dental as another poster mentioned. They are scarey bad and nasty when you have problems.

Old 02-09-2014, 10:58 PM

2 posts, read 1,604 times
stetic implant & dental centers will mess you up .infections and bad crowns ,infections with implants , and failed procedures , due to unskilled untrained dentists.

Old 02-10-2014, 11:02 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,961,186 times
You can't just generalize and say they are all bad.

I had some dental work done in Romania.

A bridge for $120. It was done 15 years ago and it still looks great and every dentist here in the US confirmed that it was good work. Even though there was no running water that week at the Romanian dentist office and the machines were really slow (less voltage), so he had to put alot of physical pressure on the tools. It was scary, I admit. But the outcome was worth it.

Ask around, get referrals and the risk is no higher as here in the US.

Old 02-25-2014, 07:25 AM

8 posts, read 10,090 times
But you have recourse In the states. In another country once there is a mistake you're out of luck and it can go very wrong on an implant. A bridge not so much.

Old 02-27-2014, 10:09 PM

2 posts, read 1,604 times
Default stetic implant & dental centers

I know several people personally who have been to stetic with aweful outcomes. some very serious , life threatening !!! infections alone can make you very sick . when they are putting screws into your jawbone wouldnt you rather have a clean clinic, experienced staff that speaks english , and a warrenty that if something happens you wont be left in the dust, like so many of US have !!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico