Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 11:14 AM

7 posts, read 16,993 times

Advertisements

I just lost a ton on my last house in Michigan and I do not want to be buying at the high and making the same mistake twice. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2010, 12:24 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,143,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingmiami View Post
I just lost a ton on my last house in Michigan and I do not want to be buying at the high and making the same mistake twice. Thanks!
All of Florida is down since the boom. But, the extent of the deals is really location specific. Some of the more desirable locations are stablizing while some others are still in deep doo doo. If you are looking for a single family home in the burbs, you are in luck. There are tons of them out there and the competition is fierce for sellers. If you want a high rise condo in DT Miami, you better have some cash because I hear that loans are not easy to come by. I hear that many banks are not even considering loans in many of the buildings with lots of empty units. If you have cash, you can probably make a great deal.

Old 09-25-2010, 08:51 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,450,255 times
The Miami/Pinecrest is down, I think we are probably at the bottom right now. I really don't see prices get much lower. Pinecrest is a desirable area, so don't think you will see much more of a price drop.

Old 09-25-2010, 02:32 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,058,545 times
Quote:
it's down and it still has plenty of room to go lower. No one can predict the future, but based on the # of homes that are behind in their mortage payments, home prices are not gonna go up anytime soon. They either stay the same or go lower. My personal prediction and I'm no economist I think the pinecrest area hasn't bottomed yet.

Old 09-25-2010, 08:53 PM

1,946 posts, read 5,382,966 times
Sure there's a drop. Then again, even a 30% drop from some of the prices in Pinecrest ($700k+) is still a lot of money...

Old 09-27-2010, 11:42 AM

18 posts, read 63,355 times
Values in Pinecrest have dropped, and they could go lower but probably not much. I live there, but it's not my choice. Nobody agrees with me, but I don't see the allure; there's no decent beach for miles. It could be a landlocked suburb anywhere. The homes/lots are generally large, it's quiet, the schools are good, it's pretty safe, but in order to get anywhere you have to use US1, Old Cutler, or the Palmetto. Unless you're after a grand home, you can do just as well in Palmetto to the south, or South Miami/parts of the Gables to the north.

Old 09-27-2010, 12:58 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,450,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinecrust View Post
Values in Pinecrest have dropped, and they could go lower but probably not much. I live there, but it's not my choice. Nobody agrees with me, but I don't see the allure; there's no decent beach for miles. It could be a landlocked suburb anywhere. The homes/lots are generally large, it's quiet, the schools are good, it's pretty safe, but in order to get anywhere you have to use US1, Old Cutler, or the Palmetto. Unless you're after a grand home, you can do just as well in Palmetto to the south, or South Miami/parts of the Gables to the north.
What I bolded in your post is what makes it desirable.

Old 10-02-2010, 11:50 PM

17 posts, read 53,003 times
Quote:
miami is low pricing now in the country-YOU CAN BUY INTO PINECREST, CORAL GABLES, AND MOST NICE SECTIONS REASOABLY NOW-BUT IT IS GOING TO TAKE A LONG TIME FOR A SALE MARKET TO REBOUND. YOU MAY HAVE TO HOLD YOUR HOME FOR THE LONG TERM-AND LOANS ARE REALLY HARD TO GET SINCE EQUITY CREDIT IS ALL FROZEN IN THE RECESSIONARY EVENTS. YOU ARE, AT THIS POINT, SITTING ON A LOVELY, LIVABLE HOME-NOT AN EQUITY PIGGY-BANK SUPPORTING A LIFESTYLE. IF YOU HAVE MONEY TO BUY OUTRIGHT, AVOID MORTGAGES AND LIVE WITHIN YOUR DISPOSABLE INCOME. YOU CAN HAGGLE ON MARVELOUS DEALS-WITH YOUR LAWYER IN TOW.!!!

Old 11-22-2010, 06:28 PM

16 posts, read 28,813 times
Default Foreclosure Wave Hits Miami Nov, 15th 2010

Hope no one jumped in to early, this resenstaly aried fox story shows a 1.3 million home now going for 399$ and stil can't sell it. Wow, look out below

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p-4lwFNhb6A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p-4lwFNhb6A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Old 11-23-2010, 06:21 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,643,053 times
Pinecrest will be always highly desiderable in Miami-Dade county as Coral Gables is, no matter the downturn of the economy be. There are facts that makes a community or neighborhood always attractive to the eyes of the ones with exquisite taste and in consequence those areas never dropp so much in value.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami