Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2011, 01:25 PM

176 posts, read 646,704 times

Advertisements

Wherever you go..there you are. I used to have a problem with this but I realized that I was trying to find a scapegoat to cover up any lack of effort on my part to make friends. It's rather easy....I've been finding that when I go somewhere or do something new without a conceived set of expectations, regardless of whether I win or lose..I TRIED SOMETHING.

I used to be very negative and blame where I lived but I'm beginning to realize more and more everyday what you think and bring to the table harbors A VIBE....and if you have a negative vibe other people will pick up on it...white, hispanic, asian, martian, or indifferent. I had to learn this the hard way.

Much like trying to pick up a girl, if you get rejected there are other fish in the sea......the same is true with venues for meeting people.....this isn't Mars...we live in the United States believe it or not and can find things to do via meetup.com

Meanwhile we have twice as many homeless people as we did 5 years ago......I'm sure a volunteering organization is in need of an extra hand....I did not like hearing this when I was down and out but I soon had to face myself and accept it....and yes I acknowledge this town has a ****ty economy and the price of gas is way high but I can't change things....the more I realize I can accept things the way they are and live my life with integrity the less and less prone I will be to hanging my problems on WHERE I LIVE....there may be some negative elements to living here but the key is MAKING THE CHANGE..PUTTING THE RUBBER TO THE ROAD if you are dissatisfied..not wallowing in ****....because guaranteed if I put a negative spin on something....wherever I go people are going to pick up on my vibes.....and yes, Miami is a lot different in terms of acceptance into a group or gaining popularity...but all it takes is some work....I have friends now and looking back the only thing I had to blame was ME. Again, I had to experience some things in order to achieve realization of this....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2011, 04:12 PM

609 posts, read 1,139,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
^^^Good luck finding anyone half decent with that approach
LOL So mean. You must be A crazy Chonga.....like Winter said.

But, you know what they say about crazy women/chongas.....

I guess I just need to hang out at the bars more often on the weeknights I suppose.

Old 03-14-2011, 06:50 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,904,464 times
I'm not a chonga and I'm sure not all chongas are crazy, winter just likes causing trouble!

Old 03-14-2011, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cixcell View Post
the problem with 'friends' in miami is oftentimes theyre dangerous. lots of people have criminalistic tendencies. glad i brought my gf here with me. i cant think of a single person here i'd trust with my life. people here are ready to throw you under the bus the second something goes a way they didnt plan for.

Very true

Old 03-14-2011, 06:55 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,471,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
I'm not a chonga and I'm sure not all chongas are crazy, winter just likes causing trouble!
Aww C'mon Pear - sing Chongalicious for us!

Old 03-14-2011, 08:07 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,191,580 times
You know... the chongalicious girls are actually from Aventura @_@

Old 03-14-2011, 08:44 PM

I think Bostonian has a soft spot for Chongas

Old 03-14-2011, 08:53 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,191,580 times
Most of my "friends" from High school have back-stabbed me at some point. They would break into my house and steal money and jewelry, tell lies or personal family things to people just to embarrass me, bring unknown people to my moms' car (without first asking for permission) as to show that they can do whatever they want; they would also call my house at night, in a very creepy way... this made us purchase the caller id feature for the phone.

Thanks to this, people who never knew me, would look at me laughing or with an angry face... somehow they knew stuff about me. Sometimes groups of guys, whom I didn't know, would come to me saying: So you are they guy who is talking s#it about us!?... my friends would laugh and say "yes, he is" - one of the many examples.

I eventually found new friends, but that didn't last long. Most of them did have criminal records and the others, who were nerds, would break up with me because "I wasn't into their things". So by the end of high school year I found myself lonely with only three remaining friends, my band mates. I was considering being one of those criminals just to get some kind of respect and credibility... as least I thought about it. I befriended the drug dealers, the sluts, the car breakers, some members of gangs, and other ones... they knew I was different, but at least they weren't the plastic and fake high schoolers. I left them behind once I graduated from Hs.

Old 03-14-2011, 10:11 PM

810 posts, read 1,578,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian08 View Post
WF, I think the previous two posts may have been more shocking than the future of food ...
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Bostonian08 again

Old 03-15-2011, 01:16 AM

1,978 posts, read 4,405,202 times
BlueBlueBlue: Refer back to Angelo7221's post. Probably some of the best advice anyone's given yet! Especially the part about having no expectations! Just flow with the go! Yo! Good things often happen when you're not expecting them or looking for them, and expectations can sometimes blind you to opportunities! Keep your eyes open and seek first the things that give you solace and oftentimes friends will follow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
Most of my "friends" from High school have back-stabbed me at some point. They would break into my house and steal money and jewelry, tell lies or personal family things to people just to embarrass me, bring unknown people to my moms' car (without first asking for permission) as to show that they can do whatever they want; they would also call my house at night, in a very creepy way... this made us purchase the caller id feature for the phone.

Thanks to this, people who never knew me, would look at me laughing or with an angry face... somehow they knew stuff about me. Sometimes groups of guys, whom I didn't know, would come to me saying: So you are they guy who is talking s#it about us!?... my friends would laugh and say "yes, he is" - one of the many examples.

I eventually found new friends, but that didn't last long. Most of them did have criminal records and the others, who were nerds, would break up with me because "I wasn't into their things". So by the end of high school year I found myself lonely with only three remaining friends, my band mates. I was considering being one of those criminals just to get some kind of respect and credibility... as least I thought about it. I befriended the drug dealers, the sluts, the car breakers, some members of gangs, and other ones... they knew I was different, but at least they weren't the plastic and fake high schoolers. I left them behind once I graduated from Hs.

Winter: I hated my Junior High years! High School was only slightly better, but much improved when I was a senior. I think it goes like this: The culture of youth has always been exceedingly cruel. They are much like snakes inasmuch as they lack the ability to judiciously dispense venom in the correct dosages and they do it for all the wrong reasons, opting instead for unnecessary strength. They are obeying their verbal and physical combat instincts and trying to perfect their skills of treachery whether they are consciously aware of this or not. It's an ancient circuitry that is built into our genetic code and civility and order demand the discipline of restraint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami