Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2011, 03:59 PM

3 posts, read 11,496 times

Advertisements

I would transfer to another college where life doesn't evolve around those things and maybe you would be a happier individual. I feel you, I grew up in the getto East Los Angeles, never talked like anyone or ended up prego like everyone else now I live in Irvine where there is only 9% Hispanics I love it here graduated from the University of California, Irvine unfortunately I will be relocating to Miami for my husband’s work. It’s always much easier for me to find a job so hopefully we will be fine. But as far as the fitting in I think I'm going to have that problem again. I am Hispanic but don't fit in with my own race I think we are considering Ft. Lauderdale which is more upscale from what I read.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2011, 04:13 PM

221 posts, read 453,160 times
Ft. Lauderdale might be more upscale but it's also a lot of more boring than the Miami area.

Old 03-16-2011, 04:20 PM

1,382 posts, read 2,385,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBlueBlue View Post
Hey everyone, I have something to say, some feelings I need to express. I do not know anyone here, I do not expect you to know me. I just need write out some thoughts and feelings at this point in time, I'm not expecting to get anything out of anyone from this. Just get my mind some rest.

I've lived Miami all my life, I'm currently in college here. I've never really fit in to the what seems the majority crowd around here. Partying, drinking, drugs are some things I've never seen the need to get into. However, this has left me isolated as I've seen it hard to find friends outside of these circles.

I'm an honest, responsible, caring human being. I've found it hard to find similar people of my age around here interested in friendship. This has also left me lonely.

My social skills are decent, I smile, I always keep a pleasant, friendly demeanor. I can hold a conversation. I've joined clubs, I've tried meeting people everywhere.

I still find myself alone, more so than ever before. And as this spring break dawns upon me, I feel alone in a world where every other college student is having fun with his friends. At the point in my life where I should be having the time of my life. I'm not. I'm just here, sitting on a computer, withering away, no idea what to do, pondering how to resolve my misery.
I don't know if this has anything to do with it but I lived in Miami for a few years and thought it was kind of a wierd place. Makings friends, good friends is rare anyway. Best luck.

Old 03-16-2011, 06:07 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,908,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBlueBlue View Post
Ft. Lauderdale might be more upscale but it's also a lot of more boring than the Miami area.

I disagree, Miami is just as upscale, the only thing is that there are less folks that act ghetto in Broward than Dade but there are just as many if not more upscale options for entertainment in Dade.

Old 03-16-2011, 07:47 PM

2,217 posts, read 4,267,078 times
sylbee: hello fellow socal person. yes you will be happier in fort lauderdale

Old 03-17-2011, 05:55 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,476,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
I think Bostonian has a soft spot for Chongas
Well, I guess I'll just have to call you quite PEARceptive!

Old 03-17-2011, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hialeah_Rules View Post
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Bostonian08 again
Ahhh, feeling the looovveee

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Hialeah_Rules again.

Oohhh, feeling the pain...

Sorry HR ... Looks like ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFATvVeUTco

Old 03-17-2011, 08:17 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,908,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian08 View Post
Well, I guess I'll just have to call you quite PEARceptive!

lmao, good one

Old 03-17-2011, 09:28 PM

609 posts, read 1,139,585 times

Dammit I'm tapped out too.

Old 03-17-2011, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinetic_A View Post

Dammit I'm tapped out too.

Thanks for increasing this user's reputation!

I'm not!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami